question: What is the most effective layout for growing trees with 8 1000 watt lights

• Thread starter cageuser
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
C

cageuser

I have a 15' x 23' room and access to 8 1000 watt bulbs. I want to grow trees and am not sure of the best layout for the room. I'm not doing mpb buckets yet because of the increased complexity but may someday. The reason i'm posting here is because this area has the best info on growing trees. My original idea was as follows: X= plant O=light
X X X
O O
X X X
O O
X X X
O O
X X X
O O
X X X

I'm flexible as far as reducing the number of plants, splitting the room in half and using a flipbox, ect.......... Any input would be greatly appreciated:) The spacing is getting thrown off by the forum but hopefully you get the idea.

M

Max-Juice

8 lights is 7 plants doubleds method

*sorry i did a 10 plant 11 light 1st pic , 2nd one is 8kw 7 plant

7 plant 8kw layout
8kw
C

cageuser

how about 600's with adjust-a-wings hung vertically on the corners

I came up with the same idea as the picture on the right. Someone (not sure who) had the idea to use 600's on the corners. I liked that idea and since those light positions only hit two plants I figured a 1000 watter might be overkill. The more i thought about it though, i realized that the back half of the corner bulbs would be hitting a reflective wall corner. So, I thought how about hang a reflector vertically so as to make more efficient use of the light. In my experience the adjust-a-wing is the most efficient reflector so i chose that one. What are your thoughts? The other question i had was what size pot to use? I don't want to do MPB buckets due to possibility of crop loss. It is an incredible system don't get me wrong, but I've had failures with hydro systems in the past and can't afford to lose a crop due to my own mistakes. So I've decided to do DTW coco. I was thinking 45 gal?

Top Bottom