Questions About Curing in Plastic Buckets

• Thread starter RodKoehler
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
RodKoehler

RodKoehler

Since burping 75 mason jars daily is a pain, this year I want to switch over to curing in food grade plastic buckets with the locking lids. Are 5 gallon buckets too big? How many pounds of buds can I put in each container (filling 2/3)? Gotta love high quality problems!

IMG 2907
Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
Might want to check out, weed schooling, on YouTube. He cures large volumes in plastic totes. Might be something there you can use.

dreamnfox

dreamnfox

I use 6 gallon curing buckets. I keep the buds on the branches though, it adds in air flow. First hang mostly whole plant. Then trim off fan leaves and into buckets. They stay there till i trim them. Then into 1/2gallon mason jars for long term storage.

G

geemonty

I use 6 gallon curing buckets. I keep the buds on the branches though, it adds in air flow. First hang mostly whole plant. Then trim off fan leaves and into buckets. They stay there till i trim them. Then into 1/2gallon mason jars for long term storage.
Does this affect the quality at all? I was wondering if I can do this myself to save time.

dreamnfox

dreamnfox

Does this affect the quality at all? I was wondering if I can do this myself to save time.
Not at all. These buckets were made for curing though. This year instead of the mason jars i am going to try groove bags though

shaganja

shaganja

Borealcuring.com if you are interested in curing in buckets, here is a system that burps itself. Uses air pump, and check valves. Hooks up to timer, so turns on everyday.

dreamnfox

dreamnfox

I think leaving the leaves and branches helps the cure. It leaves more space for air to move through and i feel the leaves protect the buds.

Latest posts

Top Bottom