Questions about Lighting - First Timers Rubbermaid Grow

• Thread starter dbahsee
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
D

dbahsee

Hi everybody
I have an indoor grow going consisting of 4 bagseed plants im using for practice. I am using two 35 gallon containers when placed on top of each other they measure to 3ft in height

I plan on using 4 pc fans running of a power supply I took off of an old pc with its own power switch. So no extra wiring needed for it. As you all can see in the pics below

Pic of the actual on/off switch for the pc power supply Im using

Now on to my babies, these are jsut some seeds i got from a bag of regs someone gave me a while back. I germinated them last week and they sprouted roots within a day or 2 at most from the initial start of the process, i planted 4 in some potters and 3 others in my yard . they were outside for a total of 4-da ys so far and i am curious to know if me having them start outside is a bad thing since i want to do the actual grow indoors.

These are the ones in my yard - which I will remove soon since the weather where I live is changing and its getting alot colder day by day

And these are the 4 seedlings in potters I had lying around the house.

Now onto the questions. If they are in pots and im going to place them under lights what would be the best way to start
I currently have:
Four - 60w cfl's 630 lumens solar type lights
Two - 65w indoor 457 lumens reflector flood lights

Would this be enough for me to get them going
and should I use all of them at the same time?
When using the lights should i be using all 6 lightbulbs I purchased and are they the right types
I would appreciate any help in this matter since I want to get it right the first time and move onto bigger and better buds lol ........This is just a test people just a test

S

Shaggy

Your 4 60w cfl's are prob 60w equivelent or about 23w. They are ok to use.
Your 65w floodlights are prob incandescent and are useless...
The cfl's will be enough to get them started but you are going to need more light

D

dbahsee

what would you recommend for me to pick up at the local home depot, cus I saw some bulbs that were daylight types 100w. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated on the lighting situation

happyherb

happyherb

i dont know if you have already see this?....but check out lifeless grows at IC doing the same thing....looks like he's played around with this method and got it working amazingly .HH. =]-~

C

CoughingMan

Those CFLs, like shaggy said, won't be enough here soon. you really should try to either find your local hydro store, or find one online, and get a decent HID system. :nod

D

dbahsee

i dont know if you have already see this?....but check out lifeless grows at IC doing the same thing....looks like he's played around with this method and got it working amazingly .HH. =]-~

What site are you reffering to to see this grow you mentioned to me

Latest posts

Top Bottom