Questions about smell of harvest

• Thread starter Fortaf
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Fortaf

Fortaf

Hey growers ,

I just wrapped up my first harvest . 4 plants , dried for about 15 days and put in glass jars.

This is day 2 of curing and I’m sensing a sweet and sour smell. From a smokers perspective , it reminds me of bud that I have picked up that smells almost “cheesy” . The smell only really hits when you put your nose right up to it.
One thing I’ve read up on , if it smells like ammonia , it wasn’t dried right … is the smell I’m describing sound like ammonia ? I have no clue what it really should smell like to be honest .

Ponky

Ponky

Did you grow a cheese strain? Piss and cheese and poo and hot garbage are all weird smells certain strains have.

nashobaTHC

nashobaTHC

If you haven’t already done so, you should empty a jar of buds on a brown paper bag and feel buds for moisture; don’t just smell them. If they feel damp, leave out on bag for 15-30 minutes then re-jar them. If they don’t then they’re probably ok and the smell is likely the normal smell.

Ponky

Ponky

AK, G13, banana kush
Hmm. Well AK just smells like good kush. And Banana kush is a sweet kush. G13 I don't know. The cat piss smell is normal. A chem smell is normal. Do a smoke test. See if it tastes like musty books or hay.

Top Bottom