Questions regarding foliar applications of ascobric acids during flowering

• Thread starter Frankster
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Frankster

Frankster

Never trust a doctor who's plants have died.
Supporter
Ascorbic acid functions as a major redox buffer and as a cofactor for enzymes involved in regulating photosynthesis, hormone biosynthesis, and regenerating other antioxidants.

I've been working with some different things lately, experimenting with things that increase budding sites, growth rates, fungus control, increasing flavor an potency.

Been doing lots of reading on Ascorbic Acid

So I've added some ascorbic acids in with my glycerin foliars, and I started with 1/8 tsp per liter, and it made it pretty acidic. My question is, should I raise the ph with say potassium hydroxide? Or maybe even some potassium bicarbonate, which would assist in creating some small amounts of C02 right on the leaves themselves. Or leave it slightly acidic.

Questions regarding foliar applications of ascobric acids during flowering
Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
Well I've got two males I don't really need I put it on, so I'll see how they look tomorrow. The small thriving plant should really give me an indication if this really is beneficial or not.

I highly suspect ascorbic acids are going to increase the resin production, the end harvest, and vastly affect flavonoids and terpenoids.

IMG 20201204 060201450
IMG 20201204 060214321
Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
So, I think by adding in the potassium hydroxide, I've created some ions of dehydroascobic acid. Sodium is also involved in the transport of ascorbic acid.
693px Dehydroascorbic acid

Hydration equilibria of DHA - the hemiacetal structure (center) is the predominant one

Also, I've been doing vitamin B complex, but I've been doing those via root absorption, in a mixture w/active yeast components.

Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
I think this ascobic acid also has a high potential for not only improving overall pant health and vigor, but also for controlling and eliminating white poweder mildew, and reducing/eliminating mite infestations.

Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
Looks really good today, I went ahead and spayed them all actually, I can tell this is going to be a great addition to the regime. Starting to get a tad of interveinal chlorosis going on there, but I could see that yesterday.

IMG 20201204 1902319751
BillFarthing

BillFarthing

Supporter
Most organic acids have beneficial mechanisms in plants. Lactic, acetic, citric, fulvic, gallic, caffeic, succinic, ferulic, cinnamic, shikimic . . . Do some reading about studies with those organic acids with plants. That's about a day down the rabbit hole!

GYOweed

GYOweed

Most organic acids have beneficial mechanisms in plants. Lactic, acetic, citric, fulvic, gallic, caffeic, succinic, ferulic, cinnamic, shikimic . . . Do some reading about studies with those organic acids with plants. That's about a day down the rabbit hole!
Ever test any?

Top Bottom