Questions with H&G Aqua Flakes Formulation for Bloom and pH Stability

• Thread starter UCMENOW
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

SofaKingHigh

William van der son who owns house and garden designed the canna line before making enough money to start his own brand. I think he knows what is in Canna. I use H@G because it is cheap. I would never pay that much for nutrients ..what canna charges is a joke.

So what is the better nute and dont say canna because the owner of H@G designed the line?

Never tested side by side so i dont know.

Using your own words against you I'm simply going to say CANNA is 100x better than H&G. I think he invented H&G secondly as the cheaper knock-off for people who are budget minded, as most companies do.

http://i.invalid.com/8qaGR.gif

C

crossouttheiis

Canna line is cheaper then h and g in oregon by a great deal

mittenmedgrow

mittenmedgrow

Alright, after eating this and smoking that.
IMAG0689.jpg
I can tell you without a doubt the onions deff. made that sandwich. After not trying onions on my previous runs I can tell you that the smell,flavor, and yeild was at least 100x's bettter. The overall quality of the sandwich was greatly improved. I will deff. be using onions on my next run as well. Oh and Ive never ran H G but I do like the canna lines.

S

SofaKingHigh

I only use OOP (Organic Onion Powder) in my recipe for highest salt intake, you'll just be flushing later for sure.

onion%20salt.ashx

Fuck, need to stay OG and make my own damn sandwich. Disregarding wench.

M

Mmmmasonite

Elite strains seem to eek out flavors over any fertilizer mask. But there seems to be a serious correlation between lush green and harsh green. Had the pleasure of sharing some of Ben's fruit and he did it proper....but he's a master grower and knows the tricks of the trade to avoid "bitter bud face".

This is very strange......cuz a lot of the top growers in S.D.....dispensary caregivers included....who I know personally...say that House & Garden produces the cleanest, tastiest product out there…I think you are not using the product correctly. Did you know that Drip Clean, which is one of a kind, actually flushes as you feed? As far as your leafy buds…There are plenty of explanations for why your plants are leafy…Not enough light…not enough C02….too hot…harvesting too soon….improper use of Top booster and Shooting powder. Top booster is used to trigger late flowering in the 5th week of an 8 weeker. Then shooting powder for 6 doubling it in 7 for your high P/K boost then flush in 8….It makes no sense for you to bag on such a great product when we know that it works. I have seen plenty of big, working operations that supply amazing quality meds using H&G. I think you should address other issues and stop blaming it on the nutes. Peace and good luck

BudGoggles

BudGoggles

Not enough co2 makes fluffy buds?
I never use co2 and I never have fluffy bud is it just me?

BG

UCMENOW

UCMENOW

Plant food for thought

Thanks for your completely unbiased input on H&G????

It's clear by the tags on your post that you are "down" with H&G/ SD Hydro......defending the products seems noble given your fondness for the a fore mentioned duo.

Let me give you some input in return to contemplate....

Not enough light…does not cause buds to be leafy, just to be too sparse.

Not enough C02….excess CO2 causes plants to be more leafy, in the event CO2 levels are low excess leaf growth will not be an problem, remember plants store the carbon they absorb in the extra LEAF TISSUE they create as a result of the added CO2

Too hot…can contribute to poor flower formation but plants will likely yellow from the temps as well.....this yellowing doesn't seem to be an issue with H&G, which is part of the topic of this thread

Harvesting too soon….this is a whole problem in itself, in this case you can assume this is taken into consideration before starting a thread posing these issues.

Improper use of Top booster and Shooting powder......this may be an issue, though it shouldn't take bloom boosters to keep your plants from creating excess foliage in bloom. It seems if you're familiar with H&G than you must to be familiar with the high amount of N in the formula for bloom.

If you enjoy using H&G than I would imagine you would like to see the whole line available here as well.

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
posting links to a hydro company (thats not a paid sponsor) as your sig is spamming and against the rules

O

OutLander

I just learned something. I now am 99% certain that the pH problem I've been having has been due to algae or some level of root rot, not because of nutes or anything else.

I've been researching this while dealing with pH levels in the 4.0-4.9 range for some weeks now. I've tried hydro-fungicide, switching from H&G to canna and hammering down on the cannazym. The cannazym seemed to make a small difference, but not enough to get out of the low ph.

yesterday I had enough. I fired up the H2O2 and blasted the system, including raising the water level just barely up above the bottom of the baskets. I won't go into all the details, but I definitely used too much H2O2. Major wilting within 30 minutes. I caught it and flushed everything and left a little bit in the system. The girls immediately started to get better.

As of today, the ph has stayed around 5.9-6.0 all day long. I haven't seen those numbers in weeks. So whatever it was in the buckets seems to have been destroyed. Finally. As soon as the H2O2 is gone in a day or two I'll fire up the cannazym again and let it break down all the dead stuff that will probably be in the water.

The girls are very happy, perky and sucking up huge amounts of nutes - over 100ppm in about 6 hrs. I wanted to post this to say a couple things - that H&G was not the problem in my case, and there is hope for people who may have problems with algae or root rot. I hope this is helpful.

-ol

M

Mmmmasonite

posting links to a hydro company (thats not a paid sponsor) as your sig is spamming and against the rules

That is my signature..and my choice to use this..and yes ...I love my local shop....and H&G....I would do that for them ....they have done wonders for me.....Peace to you my friend

M

Mmmmasonite

Thanks for your completely unbiased input on H&G????

Improper use of Top booster and Shooting powder......this may be an issue, though it shouldn't take bloom boosters to keep your plants from creating excess foliage in bloom. It seems if you're familiar with H&G than you must to be familiar with the high amount of N in the formula for bloom.

If you enjoy using H&G than I would imagine you would like to see the whole line available here as well.

If Top booster and Shooting powder aren't used properly then you nitrogen to P/K ratios won't be correct and your bud will be leafy...I think this is your problem.........Available where? It might be...

budboy299

budboy299

Huge disclaimer before I even start...I make my own homemade nutes so I favor no nute company over another!!!!

Canna coco also is a 2 part nute with no flowering formula, similar to aqua flakes.

What canna wants you to do is to add a PK booster during bloom to increase the potassium and phosphorus in relation to the nitrogen. If you run the same EC but boost one or two of the NPK, then the other portion drops in relation.

Same type of thing with Aqua flakes. When in flower use a PK booster and the Nitrogen will lower in overall ratio.

I too had the same thing though with PH fluctuations with Aqua flakes. They still promote not using an airstone or pump in the res. Even CalMag says that the use of an airstone or pump will cause the iron in the formula to drop out of suspension quickly and I definitely found this part to be true.

So perhaps this is where some of the PH drift is resulting from? Just a though (which could well be totally off base) -BB

QuarterbackMo

QuarterbackMo

Huge disclaimer before I even start...I make my own homemade nutes so I favor no nute company over another!!!!

Canna coco also is a 2 part nute with no flowering formula, similar to aqua flakes.

What canna wants you to do is to add a PK booster during bloom to increase the potassium and phosphorus in relation to the nitrogen. If you run the same EC but boost one or two of the NPK, then the other portion drops in relation.

Same type of thing with Aqua flakes. When in flower use a PK booster and the Nitrogen will lower in overall ratio.

I too had the same thing though with PH fluctuations with Aqua flakes. They still promote not using an airstone or pump in the res. Even CalMag says that the use of an airstone or pump will cause the iron in the formula to drop out of suspension quickly and I definitely found this part to be true.

So perhaps this is where some of the PH drift is resulting from? Just a though (which could well be totally off base) -BB

Makes sense to me it could be a possibility someone needs to figure it out though.

N

noone88

Re: Iron

I think this needs to be addressed when it comes to RDWC. I am noticing iron deficiencies in some strains. I thought it could have been the magdrive pump pulling the iron out of solution, but it could also be the airstones as well?

Any other possible solution to Fe deficiency besides foliar spraying CalMag?

QuarterbackMo

QuarterbackMo

Re: Iron

I think this needs to be addressed when it comes to RDWC. I am noticing iron deficiencies in some strains. I thought it could have been the magdrive pump pulling the iron out of solution, but it could also be the airstones as well?

Any other possible solution to Fe deficiency besides foliar spraying CalMag?

It's usually not a problem in rdwc just the uc, my rdwc performs flawlessly with hg it's just the uc... I just got off the phone with rob from hg we talked for a good 45 min he suggested a few things I'm about to try out. I'll let you know how it works out. He said Ben had no problems in his uc hg grow I wonder if he can help out here.

QuarterbackMo

QuarterbackMo

What were his suggestions to you? Please share!

I told him I have the uc going and a home made rdwc for my moms and that both got the same water, same batch of washed hydroton, and same nutes from the same bottle and my ph for my rdwc stays locked at 5.8 and preforms flawlessly but my uc ph rises. And I told him my top off res for the uc stays locked in at whatever I set it at until it hits the uc. Everything in the rdwc has air stones including the control bucket and my top off res has it's own pump and airstone. He told me he didn't know exactly what the problem was and that he wanted me to keep in touch with him while he talks to dan at cch2o to try and figure out what the problem is. In the meantime he wants me to try a few things as listed below...

My nute regimen goes as fallows:
H&G feeding chart recommendations with all supplements
Botanicare cal mag plus @ 3-5ml per gallon depending on plant size
Gh ph up
5ppm ro water

He told me I should try to drop the calmag as aquaflakes has enough magnesium and he told me to just supplement straight calcium if I need it. He also told me I could try 1/2 tap 1/2 ro water and try to use the tap water to buffer the ph, he also told me one thing that stood out big time which I am about to try out for sure and that was to disconnect the air diffuser in the control bucket and see what that does. He said Ben uses the hg in the uc with no problems I would like to hear what he has to say. He also gave me a flowering tip and that was to cut part A by 30 to 50% at week 4 while supplementing with pk boosters till the end of the grow. I'm about to try the air diffuser and see if that helps. If anybody can help try the rest can you please post back with your results? Thanks in advance I wanna get this figured out.

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
hey bro have you called CCH2O? I had 30 minute talk with Daniel yesterday and he got me straight on the issue with curling I was having - dude is very knowledgeable and very passionate about his system and wants to see you succeed

give them a ring, ask for Daniel

M

MediMary

I told him I have the uc going and a home made rdwc for my moms and that both got the same water, same batch of washed hydroton, and same nutes from the same bottle and my ph for my rdwc stays locked at 5.8 and preforms flawlessly but my uc ph rises. And I told him my top off res for the uc stays locked in at whatever I set it at until it hits the uc. Everything in the rdwc has air stones including the control bucket and my top off res has it's own pump and airstone. He told me he didn't know exactly what the problem was and that he wanted me to keep in touch with him while he talks to dan at cch2o to try and figure out what the problem is. In the meantime he wants me to try a few things as listed below...

My nute regimen goes as fallows:
H&G feeding chart recommendations with all supplements
Botanicare cal mag plus @ 3-5ml per gallon depending on plant size
Gh ph up
5ppm ro water

He told me I should try to drop the calmag as aquaflakes has enough magnesium and he told me to just supplement straight calcium if I need it. He also told me I could try 1/2 tap 1/2 ro water and try to use the tap water to buffer the ph, he also told me one thing that stood out big time which I am about to try out for sure and that was to disconnect the air diffuser in the control bucket and see what that does. He said Ben uses the hg in the uc with no problems I would like to hear what he has to say. He also gave me a flowering tip and that was to cut part A by 30 to 50% at week 4 while supplementing with pk boosters till the end of the grow. I'm about to try the air diffuser and see if that helps. If anybody can help try the rest can you please post back with your results? Thanks in advance I wanna get this figured out.
Great post!

QuarterbackMo

QuarterbackMo

hey bro have you called CCH2O? I had 30 minute talk with Daniel yesterday and he got me straight on the issue with curling I was having - dude is very knowledgeable and very passionate about his system and wants to see you succeed

give them a ring, ask for Daniel

No I haven't but I wil right now I'll let you know how it goes.

Top Bottom