Quick question about watering fabric pots

• Thread starter MilkyTrichomes
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
MilkyTrichomes

MilkyTrichomes

I’m grateful for all the advice I’ve read on this forum. I am using a wet/dry watering cycle but wonder if I’m wrecking my micro-herd by letting my bags dry out every few days. I’m in ffof, mix tap/RO. Been seeing molasses might not be the best choice to feed the herd? Is recharge and/or mammoth P an option

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I’m grateful for all the advice I’ve read on this forum. I am using a wet/dry watering cycle but wonder if I’m wrecking my micro-herd by letting my bags dry out every few days. I’m in ffof, mix tap/RO. Been seeing molasses might not be the best choice to feed the herd? Is recharge and/or mammoth P an option
The best food for the herd is the plants. The exude starches and sugars to feed them and thats what attracts them to the roots.

A good wet dry cycle is needed and while your pots may seem dry they likely still are damp and that's all that's needed. Moisture, oxygen and food... no need to overinflate the population with molasses and other than a small boost to nutrients like sulfur there is no benefit imo since the populations boom then as food source declines they die off. An over inflation also will lower soil PH due not only death as the food source declines but also they respite like us and take in o2 and give off co2 so they kinda compete with the plants in a sense which is not an issue if the population is not massively over inflated. There is a lot more to it but imo molasses belongs in teas not your soil.

MilkyTrichomes

MilkyTrichomes

The best food for the herd is the plants. The exude starches and sugars to feed them and thats what attracts them to the roots.

A good wet dry cycle is needed and while your pots may seem dry they likely still are damp and that's all that's needed. Moisture, oxygen and food... no need to overinflate the population with molasses and other than a small boost to nutrients like sulfur there is no benefit imo since the populations boom then as food source declines they die off. An over inflation also will lower soil PH due not only death as the food source declines but also they respite like us and take in o2 and give off co2 so they kinda compete with the plants in a sense which is not an issue if the population is not massively over inflated. There is a lot more to it but imo molasses belongs in teas not your soil.
Thank you!

Top Bottom