Quick question... Do u have to flush your plants with phd water for the whole flushin

• Thread starter theslums
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
T

theslums

im about to flush plants before harvest and i need to know since its going to take about 15gallons to flush; do i have to ph the water for every gal? can i just ph the water on like the last 2?

greenthumbdanny

greenthumbdanny

Premium Member
Supporter
When you flush, do not ph your water>>Use only water nothing else>>you dont want to flush with acid<<>>PH up and down is acid at its finest:) totally defeating the purpose of getting all the bad out.

gtd:passingjoint:

C

c4NN4daze

Acid and R/O

pH up & down is straight concentrate people!!! If you are useing this with organic nutrients this stuff is like acid and will play games with what you are trying to accomplish. I use R/O h2o when flushing and do it once right before your lights come on. Trail and error is the best way to learn my man. :confused0054:

CD

420Gator

420Gator

When you flush, do not ph your water>>Use only water nothing else>>you dont want to flush with acid<<>>PH up and down is acid at its finest:) totally defeating the purpose of getting all the bad out.

i thought ones an acid ones a base? also i put like four drops of ph down into about 30 gallons is it that bad? wouldnt using the wrong ph cause lock up, essentially trapping the "bad" in the plant?

not trying to argue just trying to understand

greenthumbdanny

greenthumbdanny

Premium Member
Supporter
i thought ones an acid ones a base? also i put like four drops of ph down into about 30 gallons is it that bad? wouldnt using the wrong ph cause lock up, essentially trapping the "bad" in the plant?

not trying to argue just trying to understand

no sir that is bullocks<<<>>plants are done with there life cycle, what kind of lock out do you think is gonna happen? PH up and down are both acid whatever way you want to look at it:) To me it makes sense. The more flushing the better
>>just let the water flow brother for the best smoke<<

T

theguapo

PH up and down are both acid whatever way you want to look at it:)

well ...yes & no! while I do not consider myself an expert grower by any means I do know that chemicals used to raise PH are not acidic. For instance Technaflora's PH up is potassium hydroxide, which is a base. However not acidic it is extremely corrosive in its undiluted state. So as said already you should not flush with anything but pure RO H2O as your goal when flushing is to leech out all of the salts that you gave your girls, leaving only the sugars behind. We all know that sugars rule the plant world!

T

toothless

imho water that is too alkaline and thusly treated with an acid to reduce its ph to a level which is appropriate for the plants optimum metabolism and healthy roots would be best and provide the best flush. Especially if the plant had had been doing well on phd water previously.

W

weedfarm

I ph down in recirculating hydro

I have read lengthy debates on it. One theory is that the plants need PH'ed water to use their stored nutrients

Dizzy Farmer

Dizzy Farmer

I ph down tap water for the first few flushes through, then just use plain tap water, because as others have said adding a nitric or phosphorus based acid is feeding your plants, albeit weakly. You could do a final rinse through with RO or distilled water to get rid of any contaminates in the tap water, but if you've flushed until the runoff matches the EC you are putting in, that should be enough..

S

superjet

I don't think it does matter, but in the (mine) grand scheme of things I like to keep the plant and that includes the roots as happy as can be to the very end. so why not just keep the ph where it's been the whole time (lazy?), just my opinion, don't mean shit.

Canalchemist

Canalchemist

If you are doing a period of darkness after the flush, I think it would be wise to PH but I have no evidence or experience with this it is purely my gut feeling, but if in organic soil I would feed a bit of molasses with the water just to keep the soil happy as I tend to recycle as much as possible.

Canalchemist

Canalchemist

I've often wondered the same thing.
We keep our PH in line for the nutrients to be properly absorbed.
If we are trying to flush out the nutes, what does it matter what the PH is ?

this is also my gut feeling, if your just washing salts from chemical nutes out of the soil why PH, almost seems like the idea is to let the plant consume it's food stores so imo the roots are finished there job other than to keep osmotic pressure in the stems.

d0rk2dafullest

d0rk2dafullest

2 days clearex, 3 days R/O water (straight up, it's neutral most of the time and we can drink so it's not gonna hurt the plants) and yes canalalchemist is rite, u want the plant to stress and eat up whatever reserves it has left, that way there is no "nutrient" tastes. and your herbs will taste SOOOOO much better. also sugars with the flush will help the flowers swell more. you dont really HAVE to, but it's up to u. whether u think molasses is expensive and if u wanna use it or if it's a waste. but flushing increases the swelling of buds just with R/O water as well. The sugars from clearex and molasses will just be food if u have any microbial life in your media and help the roots uptake whatever nutrients are left and will have your plant use that all up faster. again it's up to u, and it's a preference thing.

Last edited:
sixstring

sixstring

My thoughts are why ph at all if your not willing to do it all the way through? If you want the plants to help you finish off or flush nutes then keep the plants happy by keeping the ph where they like it.i might dump plain water on my girls the last day or 2 but everything else gets checked and adjusted as needed.but the way I feed and mix I rarely ever have to adjust.
your dime, my time, I give ya my six cents :)

sanvanalona

sanvanalona

I would never touch water during the flush, that is the point. Your plant should be approaching home base so why not give it clean untreated water ? It's always worked best for me!

OGONLY

OGONLY

No ph adjustments are needed in flush. No molasses either. Flushing means flushing. I can give straight RO for 14 days and leaves still look healthy aside from the fade which is what you want to achieve during flush.

One theory I subscribe to more and more over the years when it comes to feeding is "less is more." It certainly applies to flushing imo when it comes to the ingredients necessary.

Fwiw I recently started using half RO and half tap for flushing. I used to do straight R/o. No difference has been noticed as far as quality is conserned. I'm guessing straight tap might achieve the same results.

Latest posts

Top Bottom