Quick question guys

• Thread starter Deforced
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Deforced

Deforced

I'm not sure if this makes sense but when I seem to grow taller plants I seem to have heat issues, would this be a cause? I'm in a 2m tall tent and the plants are around 1.8m. They are rather bushy too which I defoliated. Thanks

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

Are you taking the temperature at the same spot each time or at canopy level? Because taller plants will be closer to the light which is always gonna be hotter the closer they get to the light.

Also, bigger plants could reduce air movement too.

Deforced

Deforced

Are you taking the temperature at the same spot each time or at canopy level? Because taller plants will be closer to the light which is always gonna be hotter the closer they get to the light.

Also, bigger plants could reduce air movement too.
Well, I've got a thermostat at the canopy level and it seems to be 27.5°C they are also in flower. Is this a little high? Thanks

Scar818

Scar818

27.5 is ok for veg and early flower but you want to lower it a bit after starting 4th week of flower. Around 25C mid to late flower then lower it more last week. Also you could give it something to stop your plant from getting that tall

Scar818

Scar818

I would keep the plants 60cm away from the lights specially the hps as it gives off heat and can damage the plants if they get too close and 20cm is pretty close

Deforced

Deforced

27.5 is ok for veg and early flower but you want to lower it a bit after starting 4th week of flower. Around 25C mid to late flower then lower it more last week. Also you could give it something to stop your plant from getting that tall
Ok, so as I've got 600w dimmable lights if I dimmed them down to 400w it would produce less heat. But doing this would it reduce my yeilds dramatically or would I not really see much of a difference. I got suggested by a fellow grower not to dim 600w lights because it reduces the spectrum alot. Thanks

Scar818

Scar818

Well once you hit flower you want to gradually increase your light but in this case you should just stop the growth of your plants. Personally I give my plant phosphoload once at the end of 2nd week to stop them from stretching. Also you have any pictures? Lots of people here have more knowledge than me when it comes to lights im sure they will help you out soon but posting few pics will give a better understanding

Deforced

Deforced

No problem. I will grab some pics, im pretty screwed for raising the lights anymore now! They are at the roof of the tent. I'm week 3flower mainly indica dom plants. I will grab a pic now

Deforced

Deforced

20210727 214039

Latest posts

Top Bottom