Quick question on trimming in flower?

• Thread starter Kdeccastar
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Kdeccastar

Kdeccastar

12 days in bloom, this is my blue haze grow I was just wondering if anyone had any suggestions if I should trim any more the last time I trimmed was the 13th. There is alot of lower foliage.. I really just don't want to over trim. I should have plenty of air flow with a 18" oscillating fan and intake and exhaust. Running two bloomspect leds one full spectrum the other more on the red spectrum both having par over 900 or soo if I'm correct I. Semi new to Indoor growing
20220423_121014.jpg
20220423_121025.jpg
20220423_120844.jpg
20220423_120945.jpg
Quick question on trimming in flower 6

Quick question on trimming in flower 5
Heywood

Heywood

I usually do heavy defoliation at week 2 and week 4 of flower and then leave them be.
But that is generally on plants that are tall and bushy

Yours are very squat. But yeah, you will have some foliage underneath that is not getting much, if any, light... and they are stealing energy that could be given to flower development.

That lower stuff that can't/won't make it up to the canopy is just going to be larf (popcorn buds) and can be removed now to re-direct energy upwards.

Last edited:
phxazcraig

phxazcraig

I don't think I'd worry much about defoilating those. You don't have a crowded tent, and if you have RH under control you should be fine. If you DO decide to defoliate further though, I wouldn't wait. They don't recover so well once into flowering.

My theory is that a bushy grow at least gives a lot of leaf mass to help buffer issues of various kinds, and you definitely have leaves to soak up the available light.

Just to give a point of comparison, here was my last grow, 5 plants in soil in a 4x4 tent. (18 ounces of dried bud, including larf.)

220329 103539 80 7491 d850

Heywood

Heywood

On a sidenote - You should closely examine your leaves topside and underside for pests. You have some holes and tears that are rather suspicious.
Marked with red arrows below.

Leaves

Kdeccastar

Kdeccastar

Thank you guys and I probably will take the bid corn buds off I was gonna try an lollipop it but too late and the suspicious marks it from when I was training them with these hair clips things the edges would hit the leaves when I bent the top stems down

Latest posts

Top Bottom