Quietest Inline Air Duct ?

• Thread starter JBloomers123
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
JBloomers123

JBloomers123

Hello,

I need to replace my years old inline air duct fan- its getting a little clanky / noisy. The brand was hydrofarm and it worked well. I cannot find the same specific model so If you have any recs I'm all ears.

Thank you,

T

TheKoreanKid

I have the ac infinity T6, it's very quiet but kinda pricey. For the price point I expected more features but it lacks a feature I would like. Variable speed based on temp is lacking. It either turns on at a selected speed for a selected temp or it's off, no in between. Look up its features. It's like $150 for the fan

T

TheKoreanKid

TerraBloom 6" Inline Duct Fan, Quiet Energy Saving EC Motor with 0-100% Adjustable Speed Control. for Ventilation, Exhaust, Garden and Hydroponics Airflow Boosting. 350 CFM, 40W https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07JMHFJMR/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_CfaICbQJ7HNB1

Just bought this one last week. It’s brushless with speed control.
What would you say is the upside to that vs the T6?
Because it would save 50 bucks? The controller has a speed option 1-10, just not a temp program that coincides with the variable speed.

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
Mostly just that I can keep it at a constant speed and it won’t shut off so I can maintain negative air pressure in my grow space so no odor escapes when the in-laws come over. Steeping smell of cannabis would be very naughty in their book. Lol.

T

TheKoreanKid

Mostly just that I can keep it at a constant speed and it won’t shut off so I can maintain negative air pressure in my grow space so no odor escapes when the in-laws come over. Steeping smell of cannabis would be very naughty in their book. Lol.
The T6 does that too haha, I cant help but feel there has been a miscommunication.
What I want it to do is be able to self regulate. I run it all day at 30% but I would like the temperature controls to take over if the temps get to the 80's, then increase speed until it has cleared the heat back to 75 range.

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
Yeah but why would I pay extra for that when I would be using it like any other inline fan? I might as well save the $50-60 and run a separate controller that can control other things also at the same time. The inkbird controllers are $60 for both temp and humidity and can control multiple devices such as heater, humidifier, dehumidifier and AC all in one unit.

Then if the inline fan breaks I can just replace it and save myself money. It comes with the same two or three year warranty.

UncleRomulus

UncleRomulus

The T6 does that too haha, I cant help but feel there has been a miscommunication.
What I want it to do is be able to self regulate. I run it all day at 30% but I would like the temperature controls to take over if the temps get to the 80's, then increase speed until it has cleared the heat back to 75 range.
I don’t think you can buy a fan that does that on its own without controllers and such..

T

TheKoreanKid

Yeah but why would I pay extra for that when I would be using it like any other inline fan? I might as well save the $50-60 and run a separate controller that can control other things also at the same time. The inkbird controllers are $60 for both temp and humidity and can control multiple devices such as heater, humidifier, dehumidifier and AC all in one unit.

Then if the inline fan breaks I can just replace it and save myself money. It comes with the same two or three year warranty.
That's what I was gonna say! Hell, another 50 bones to put towards nutes or your next lights!

UncleRomulus

UncleRomulus

Regardless of temps you want good amount of air blasting through. For negative pressure and also plants like that good c02 shit

UncleRomulus

UncleRomulus

c02 is for noob growers, i give my girls nothing but the most pure oxygen money can buy

please pick up on my sarcasm
Oxygen is good too! Roots like it and it’s nice to not pass out in the grow room lol

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
Regardless of temps you want good amount of air blasting through. For negative pressure and also plants like that good c02 shit

Exactly. What they need is just a minimum fan setting so on auto mode it will default to the set lowest setting and only increase when the temp rises out of the preset range. Then it would be fine. The fact that it turns off completely is a deal breaker for someone like me that has to have odor control at least a couple times a year when relatives stop over. The rest of the year I’d be ok but for a few days I can’t have any odor creeping out of the grow space. So for those days that ac infinity fannjust wouldn’t work unless I put it on manual control and then it’s rather pointless. By running desperate controllers I can completely automate my environment controls without being handcuffed.

JBloomers123

JBloomers123

Dang, I didn't know i was going to blow up the discussion over seeking a new in line duct fan - appreciate the feedback and will take a look at the recs. All i want is a quiet fan that will run constantly @ 20-30% to exhaust the odors of our trade. i have other controllers in play to regulate temp and humidity. thanks again!

JBloomers123

JBloomers123

TerraBloom 6" Inline Duct Fan, Quiet Energy Saving EC Motor with 0-100% Adjustable Speed Control. for Ventilation, Exhaust, Garden and Hydroponics Airflow Boosting. 350 CFM, 40W https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07JMHFJMR/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_CfaICbQJ7HNB1

Just bought this one last week. It’s brushless with speed control.

That looks like a keeper - my room is fairly small - even the 4inch would prob work. no issues connecting charcoal filter? on my current fan I'm replacing it was a bit of a hack job making the connection - Hydrofarm hadn't thought that one through. Thankful for duct tape.

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
This is what makes discussion great. Now you got options and the pros and cons of each :-)

Top Bottom