Quietest Inline Air Duct ?

• Thread starter JBloomers123
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Dude, Canfan Qmax. one digi ballast is louder than my 10" fan, I'm not even joking. I can hardly hear it, set to its lowest setting its moving 800+CFM and it's dead silent.

JBloomers123

JBloomers123

Dude, Canfan Qmax. one digi ballast is louder than my 10" fan, I'm not even joking. I can hardly hear it, set to its lowest setting its moving 800+CFM and it's dead silent.

damn - looks like the Rolls Royce of inline duct fans. outta my price range :( but thanks!

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
damn - looks like the Rolls Royce of inline duct fans. outta my price range :( but thanks!

It really is. And yeah I saved money for about 2 years before building my shed to make sure I could afford the gear I wanted. I figured buy once, cry once.

There are several good youtube videos out there on how to build an exhaust fan muffler. They work pretty good.

JBloomers123

JBloomers123

It really is. And yeah I saved money for about 2 years before building my shed to make sure I could afford the gear I wanted. I figured buy once, cry once.

There are several good youtube videos out there on how to build an exhaust fan muffler. They work pretty good.

No doubt there are areas of this hobby where there should be no compromise in discretion. That’s what I love the most about it - the tools this industry has developed to keep me under the radar :)

H

Happies420

I have the ac infinity T6, it's very quiet but kinda pricey. For the price point I expected more features but it lacks a feature I would like. Variable speed based on temp is lacking. It either turns on at a selected speed for a selected temp or it's off, no in between. Look up its features. It's like $150 for the fan
I dont think u know how to even use ur to everything ur saying ur looking for it has my question is why in gods name do u wont the fan to run when its kot needed why run it at say 30% fan if its not needed why not have it set to turn on at say 80f and 70% humidity with a max speed of 10 witch it will start at 1 abd go up as its needed u should have fans in ur room to move air around so why do u need a vent fan to suck when its not needed why trow electricity away snd the terrabloom is about the same price point with the exact same features and set up the sane exact way

H

Happies420

Regardless of temps you want good amount of air blasting through. For negative pressure and also plants like that good c02 shit
If u run co2 u only won't to push it with vent fans off or else ur just pissing it out ur text/room yes u need good air circulation But when running co2 u wont as little air to get out so u arnt just trowing it away

H

Happies420

I've never heard of this canfan before but every list of the best i see has ac infinity as number 1 then 3rd is always terrabloom but on no list do I ever see this canfan but best of luck i guess

cemchris

cemchris

Supporter
I've never heard of this canfan before but every list of the best i see has ac infinity as number 1 then 3rd is always terrabloom but on no list do I ever see this canfan but best of luck i guess

Are you talking from personal experience running these fans or going off some list from advertisers?

weedtech

weedtech

Supporter
This is interesting. I get the original ask was for a quiet fan, and that is not really a function so much of which fan you purchase but of the air flow design and back-pressure. As the thread goes on, there is really a different product description or requirement that emerges.

The ask becomes more of temperature regulation and variable airflow to accommodate the transpiration profile, on demand. And it is pretty clear there aren't any complete solutions, at least for a home farmer.

Arduino, anyone?

Top Bottom