R.d.w.c. And Pool Shock

• Thread starter Moses249
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

Moses249

I recently had to switch my growing style from flood and drain hydro tables to R.D.W.C. I'm not happy that i had to change but I had to adapt to the new realities of my exisistance. That being said alot of R.D.W.C growers i know locally have had trouble with root rot, pythium, slime whatever the fuck u want to call it. alot of them have been using the product Clear rez which i believe is just diluted pool shock super taxed? So i bought some cheap pool shock and put some in the system with a mix ratio i found online. I was wondering if anyone has any expierence with pool shock in r.d.w.c. and if so what r u using for a mix rate? r u trying to get 1 ppm free chlorine in your system?

AnEn

AnEn

Can't help you with info on pool shock, since I have no experience with it. Have been in rdwc for 7 years now and have zero problems with pythium/ root rot/ black ring since I started using water chiller. Before that slime would show up and turn roots to mush no matter what water treatment was in use. Keeping the temps of your nutes down and stable is the only way to go imo.

J

Jogasam

I recently had to switch my growing style from flood and drain hydro tables to R.D.W.C. I'm not happy that i had to change but I had to adapt to the new realities of my exisistance. That being said alot of R.D.W.C growers i know locally have had trouble with root rot, pythium, slime whatever the fuck u want to call it. alot of them have been using the product Clear rez which i believe is just diluted pool shock super taxed? So i bought some cheap pool shock and put some in the system with a mix ratio i found online. I was wondering if anyone has any expierence with pool shock in r.d.w.c. and if so what r u using for a mix rate? r u trying to get 1 ppm free chlorine in your system?
By slime you mean like green algae build up?? I only have had the issue once and ever since I started using hydrogaurd and changing water every 2 weeks... pain in the ass but my girls are doing quite well!

tinderthumbs

tinderthumbs

and this goes in to something that In the end of the day goes in your body???

AnEn

AnEn

To the OP.
Found out that few local growers use blue pool shock with great results. They use 1 gram per gallon to make a solution that is mixed into the res at 1 liquid oz (30ml) per 5 gallons of nutes. Apparently it has to be kept in a air and light proof container.

AnEn

AnEn

Got to see ez cloner full of it and roots are pearl white, clones look healthy with no signs of stress.

AnEn

AnEn

and this goes in to something that In the end of the day goes in your body???
Nothing is perfect. More harmful chems are used by commercial grows on the product that is sold to millions of customers on a daily basis. Colorado and some other states don't have enough season for a proper outdoor grow so people do best they can.
My nutes are sterile and mineral, and rooms have controlled environment so I don t have any problems with mold, or bug infestations. Product that comes out is of higher quality, and less polluted then anything sold on a commercial marker to medical and rec users.

Indiva710

Indiva710

Nothing is perfect. More harmful chems are used by commercial grows on the product that is sold to millions of customers on a daily basis. Colorado and some other states don't have enough season for a proper outdoor grow so people do best they can.
My nutes are sterile and mineral, and rooms have controlled environment so I don t have any problems with mold, or bug infestations. Product that comes out is of higher quality, and less polluted then anything sold on a commercial marker to medical and rec users.
Ain't that the truth and its pretty pathetic you go into a medical disp here in Colorado and ask for pesticide poison free cannabis and they look at you like your speaking gibberish it's quite pathetic esp when they are supposedly medical ha my ass thee only diff between rec and med is the pricing as medical is cheaper taxes..And depending on the state medical you can get higher mg edibles..And medical you can buy more but that's it..If your a medical patient and needs true medical cannabis grow it yourself is thee only way period

Top Bottom