RadioShack ????

• Thread starter gmcjr
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
G

gmcjr

Does anybody have one of there 60-100x microscpoe ??? Just bought one and I cant see crap through it !!! Is there a trick or am I just challenged ???

purpleberry

purpleberry

30X works best I think. 60-100 might be to much. There should be a focus knob also.

G

gmcjr

Thanx purpleberry , There is a focus knob I tried every wich way and nothing !!! IM taking it back I guess !!!!

F

frankie cortes

100x is way better u can c clearer.

i got both and i think the 60x,100x is a lot better then the 30x the trick is to keep the tip of the scoop still when trying to focus......:mad0233:

T

thefabman

Premium Member
Supporter
I have 2 of the 60-100 adjustable that work fine... the key is to being very still!!

I

IpuffAlot

cut a piece of leave off and look at it on a white piece of paper works for me.

L

LionVibez

Do what he said ^^^ its easier that way and u can set it right over top and not worry about moving it around so much! I too use the 60-100x from RS and it works like a charm

Gr8ful1

Gr8ful1

I use a jewlers loupe with 30x magnification that I bought on ebay.It has a larger viewing window,and is easier to handle when your are looking at your plants.It is 30x-21mm.Hope this info helps .HAVE A GR8FUL DAY!!

D

Dice

I got a 420 scope wish i would have bought a micro scope. I just cant hold that still.

C

CoughingMan

I have a 420scope 60x to 100x zoom. I admit that if your bud isnt held perfectly still, as well as your microscope, it makes things difficult. I usually pick a little piece off and set it on a table, then put the microscope right on it, turn the light on, and focus in.

I prefer the 100x setting because you can see those trichomes up close and personal...

G

gmcjr

Thanks everyone!!!!!

I returned the 60-100x ! I was trying to use it for sexing but it was just to strong !! Thanks again for your input !! Peace!!!!

420Barista

Radio shack no longer carries the 30x pocket microscope.

Hi all,
Just wanted to let those that dont know.

Radio shack no longer carries the 30x pocket microscope.

I also picked up a 60x-100x scope they now carry. But I cant stand it. So far I used it only to try and examine some seeds a bit better than my naked eye(which by the way neither one aint as good as they use to be) but the magnification even at 60x is just not possible for seeds.

I have so far never had the op to examine any trichromes with it so I cant attest to that. But I can say I found quite a few 30x scopes on ebay and amazon.

Just some info for my fellow THC lovers out there.

Party On!!!:joint:

M

mMmTHC

Yea thats what I got from the shack.. Harrd to keep still and focus in but i got it.. I didnt even think twice about cutting a piece of leaf off... Thats a good idea..

C

CoughingMan

I'm telling you 60x - 100x is awesome if you can keep everything steady.

I have seen some awesome images through my 420scope.

I like to change from 60x then to 80x then to 100x.

scope.jpg

Another good way to keep things steady is to use the clear plastic thing on the end to actually hold the bud.

I will snugly put a bud just barely in so its being held by the scope, then you can move the scope as much as you want and focus/zoom in and out.

J

Jack Griffin

'Scopes

I have tried 'em all and here are a few conclusions:
30X is fine for most everybody. At higher powers, a hand-held scope is really hard to use. And everything seen is reversed, which makes your viewing even more complicated. The Jeweler's loupes are MUCH better because the loupe is NOT a scope. You do not have to keep your eye close to an extremely small viewing lense.
The best thing i have found is a USB microscope. They are readily availably on the internet and started at around 70 US dollars when i bought mine. The scope itself sets in a stand which SOLVES the "hard-to-use" problem that every small, hand-held 30 to 100 X scope has. The zoom is 20x to 200x. It is so cool to see everything on those leaves and buds. I was looking at a top bud by setting the plant on the floor next to my desk. I polled the "Letter Writing" shelf out and set my scope on that and pointed it down.
I moved the plant under the scope and focused it in at a high power and marvelled at the close up... and right then a spider mite walked right through my field of view!
It looked like something out of a monster movie, LOL.

Anyway, i really like my USB microscope and highly recommend them after trying everything else.

Thanks for your attention, jack

J

Jack Griffin

Oh, i just remembered, Radio Shack is the absolute best place there is for buying alligator clips... a bag of ten costs a buck. Buy a modified alligator clip in a Head shop(now it's called a roach clip) and it costs ya 10 bucks, LOL!

L

livinglegend

Another good way to keep things steady is to use the clear plastic thing on the end to actually hold the bud.

I will snugly put a bud just barely in so its being held by the scope, then you can move the scope as much as you want and focus/zoom in and out.

this is the key. the plastic part on my scope gets all resiny from it....:bubblez:

D

Denny Crane

I have a 420scope 60x to 100x zoom. I admit that if your bud isnt held perfectly still, as well as your microscope, it makes things difficult. I usually pick a little piece off and set it on a table, then put the microscope right on it, turn the light on, and focus in.

I prefer the 100x setting because you can see those trichomes up close and personal...

I don't feel quite SO bad about it taking me a few days to figure THAT ONE out!! I shake way too bad to use a 'scope free hand!!!

I returned the 60-100x ! I was trying to use it for sexing but it was just to strong !! Thanks again for your input !! Peace!!!!

The 'scopes are great for judging the readiness of the trichs and that's about it. Use a loupe for sexing until you get it down. I can do it by eye now. I have a "magna-vision" visor that rocks. There are interchangeable lenses for different mag levels.

LordDankinstien

LordDankinstien

this is the key. the plastic part on my scope gets all resiny from it....:bubblez:

yep theses guys got it right, I actually press the nugs against the plastic and focus just by either pressing the nug harder or softer to see other parts of the nug. But it is hard to use and took a few minutes to get down.. I see this toy at wallmart and went from 1 to 400 magnifaction it looks pretty cool but was like 60 bucks. Had a nice size veiwing screen.

Top Bottom