Rain come`n Thursday!

• Thread starter markscastle
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
Were looking at 5+ days of showers ,30 mph winds and temps dropping into the low 40`s starting Thursday.I have only been able to get two plants trimmed in the last 4 days as they are monsters and have had little help.Most of the trimmers are working at other harvasts around here. Worried about getting bud rot. Should I pull the remaining bushes and hang em up untrimmed before the storm or tuff it out and keep trimming right through the rain? I have a large shop to hang them in but it would be crouded with all the bushes hanging untrimmed and much harder to trim as they wilt. They went through one day of rain with no damage to speak of ,but 5 or more days is questionable if they could do that.They are tied up well but about 4 lbs+ (dry weight) bushy plants.GDP,God`s gift,Matinuska Thunderfuck,Mantis,Sour Banana,Blue Cheese,and a couple other ladies.I`d hate to lose em but trimming wilted weed is No Fun at all!

Tobor the 8th Man

Tobor the 8th Man

Supporter
I would pull them. I don't think GDP is gonna like be out in the rain for 5 days at this point in time.

Hey and get the hell out of mamby pamby land and man up trimming the wilted weed. LOL!! It pisses me off too. Especially when you are facing a sizable trim job.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Oh man... The ONLY way I do it anymore is to pull the entire thing and hang it up, completely untrimmed. When they're dried and I'm ready to start choppin' broccoli I just start whackin' off a branch or three at a time.

Let them dry with all the leaves on, don't try to trim while wilted, allow to dry more completely. MUCH much much easier.

budfriend

budfriend

i would say buy one of those trimming machines that sell for 1200-3000 from trimscene. The Roter or the automatic look the best. They seem to be doing the job ok. Especially if all your plants are 4+. One pound will pay for it. Im getting one. Humboldt local vouches for them. Good luck

tèchnìquè

tèchnìquè

im thinkin about pulling mine, sprinkle and light rain for next 3 days:mad0233:

420king-MASSES

Yo markcastle yank them bitches on wednesday and yank off the sun/shade leaves hang-em till dry like seamaiden said and then start your trim or trim through un til done just pull those girls up before the rain starts man

SmokesalotofVT

SmokesalotofVT

Hey hey MC..
Well I was forced to harvest a Little Early due to a Week of rain and
then a Frost in the Forecast ..
what i did was cut Trim all the Biggest stuff I could.
then hang to dry, then do fine trimming once dry..
seemed to work well for me ... but as you know was
my first ever harvest ...
Be well my friend... grow strong~!!

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
they keep changing the forcast here - was supposed to be 5 days of rain, now its just 30% chance of showers/t storms tommorrow and then again sun & mon

luckily the last of mine comes down this weekend

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
no rain here til sun/mon now and even then 30% - 2 days ago forecast was for 5 straight days of rain and 30 mph winds

I

inline6

dang mine are all already down, dry and got 60 bagged n tagged with a couple more weeks to go.

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
Now they are saying nice tomarrow,turning cloudy and cooler with rain this weekend sometime.I think I`ll trim as long as I can and pull most of the remaining plants at the last moment to hang whole.I`ll work on the fan leaves and let the rest dry before trimming them.It will be crouded in the shed trying to work next weekend though. Day 5 and still working on God`s Gift which is very purple as is the GDP.I have a couple people working steady and a few come and go.Seems everything is in harvast at once! I`ll be holding my breath until it`s all hanging to dry at least!

SmokesalotofVT

SmokesalotofVT

MMM sounds Nice MC...
I know you have a big Job goin and glad you
got yourself some Help... sound like a great
Harvest ... that gods gift sounds Very Nice
Hope your doing well ..
Good to see ya around and Still crankin
out the great bud.... I will be in touch
I think I still have that Email .. grow Strong
and take care
Smokes~ :joint:

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
I just found out why I have just a few seeds here and there on my plants. The collective grow down the street had been grown all from seed and they missed one male. It was a skunk #1 male. There whole crop is nearly seeded where you only find a few on mine ,mostly the preflowers.Think I`ll keep em as this may turn out intresting? God`s Gift x Skunk #1 ,GDP x Skunk#1,ect.Some plants have no seeds while others maybe 4-5 seeds on a 4-5 lbs plant.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
why dont you dry it out all the way then trim it
Perzactly how I do it because I will, at this time, neither hire trimmers nor purchase a machine. This allows me much greater flexibility in tackling the work of trimming. Just hang the whole thing up, wait til it's dry, break down the skeleton into bones, those get put in storage bins until I can tackle the trimming, fan leaves and all.

Oh shit! I forgot to hang the purps cross branches that broke off last night. Crap.

I took the last of my OD crop down yesterday. We have a funeral to attend tomorrow (friend of hubby's lost her 20yo son in Afghanistan, he'd been there two weeks, IED killed everyone in the truck) and I have a shipment of furniture coming in today, so yesterday was do or die. I've pushed these girls as long as I safely can and risking losing whatever crop I have to mold just ain't schmart. And with the way the forecast is bouncing around, just can't take that chance.

Here's to a good harvest!

SmokesalotofVT

SmokesalotofVT

I just found out why I have just a few seeds here and there on my plants. The collective grow down the street had been grown all from seed and they missed one male. It was a skunk #1 male. There whole crop is nearly seeded where you only find a few on mine ,mostly the preflowers.Think I`ll keep em as this may turn out intresting? God`s Gift x Skunk #1 ,GDP x Skunk#1,ect.Some plants have no seeds while others maybe 4-5 seeds on a 4-5 lbs plant.
Accidental Crosses ,I like the sounds of that..
defenitly Keep them seeds .. :rastadancing:

purpleberry

purpleberry

I always like to cut fan leaves and trim dry, Another thing ive heard you can do is cut the branchs and stick them in 5 gallon buckets of water like they do with cut flowers.

D

dusty

i have all the fans removed while they're standing and then come in and cut em in to sections and hang till dry then put up in bins and have the cleaners rip thru it.

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
i have all the fans removed while they're standing and then come in and cut em in to sections and hang till dry then put up in bins and have the cleaners rip thru it.

That would work if I have enough time before it rains hard and enough trimmers show up.

20% chance of rain today and cloudy turning to 60% by 3pm.90% chance by tomarrow followed by 60% Sunday and clearing Monday. I think I`ll go over some of the tie up jobs today and trim as much as possible on the purples. I`ll pull the rest of the purples today to hang and let the rest ride out the storm while we trim everything inside while it rains. We can start right out then Monday on the wet stuff before it has a chance to mold on us.should be done trimming by next weekend? Depends on how much help I can get I gess. Be glade to have it all in and safe!!!

Latest posts

Top Bottom