Rain water

• Thread starter eirI
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Deadstill

Deadstill

I'm from the government, and I'm here to help.
Supporter
Depending on where you live, you could be getting a lot of things you don't want, in your rain water. I would see what the ppm and ph look like, first. It all depends on the environment where you live. Try it if you want. I don't expect there will be any benefit over tap water or any other source, other than being free.

E

eirI

Depending on where you live, you could be getting a lot of things you don't want, in your rain water. I would see what the ppm and ph look like, first. It all depends on the environment where you live. Try it if you want. I don't expect there will be any benefit over tap water or any other source, other than being free.
Thank you so much. I have noticed at times with a spring rain plants get a little perky just as the environment you live. You answered my question

E

eirI

Thank you so much. I have noticed at times with a spring rain plants get a little perky just as the environment you live. You answered my question
Here is my little grasshopper that’s taking her time.. No maintenance at all. Let the good sun do it’s thing. I don’t have anything to compare with all these amazing plants I see and who’s competing right. But I love share one thing I have been using gypsum for sometime and think it helps. Has anyone used it before. Thanks again everyone for all your advice.

41483368 0F06 4703 9652 489AA56DA161
B2A94839 09D8 4035 8F47 A328CCCA63A7
London bud

London bud

Here is my little grasshopper that’s taking her time.. No maintenance at all. Let the good sun do it’s thing. I don’t have anything to compare with all these amazing plants I see and who’s competing right. But I love share one thing I have been using gypsum for sometime and think it helps. Has anyone used it before. Thanks again everyone for all your advice.
When You say gypsum, you talking about plaster?

E

eirI

When You say gypsum, you talking about plaster?
Yes looks like very very fine drywall dust that you don’t breath in. My good neighbor turned me on this and I’ve seen great results.I use this stuff called Diamond K and been using it for a bit put in my flowers, fruits, veggies and honestly I think it helps. What’s amazing is MIMedGrow who in my book is on the next level of growing sent me info on Dave Neal talking about Calcium and Sulfur. That was so intriguing to know that it really helps plants and that I have been using it not knowing how good it really is. I also been using fresh eggs shells that I put in my coffee grinder don’t know if it helps. I don’t know. Anyways I going to keep it simple.

London bud

London bud

Yes looks like very very fine drywall dust that you don’t breath in. My good neighbor turned me on this and I’ve seen great results.I use this stuff called Diamond K and been using it for a bit put in my flowers, fruits, veggies and honestly I think it helps. What’s amazing is MIMedGrow who in my book is on the next level of growing sent me info on Dave Neal talking about Calcium and Sulfur. That was so intriguing to know that it really helps plants and that I have been using it not knowing how good it really is. I also been using fresh eggs shells that I put in my coffee grinder don’t know if it helps. I don’t know. Anyways I going to keep it simple.
I do a little dry lining here n there, I use British gypsum cos obviously being British it's the bollocks. So could this potentially be fed to a plant or mixed through the soil? Or do you need a certain gypsum specifically for plants?

E

eirI

I do a little dry lining here n there, I use British gypsum cos obviously being British it's the bollocks. So could this potentially be fed to a plant or mixed through the soil? Or do you need a certain gypsum specifically for plants?
I’m sure there is a difference in quality gypsum but I don’t think by much. What I have learned is it feed your plants quickly. I do mix it in with soil as well mixed in with water to feed. It doesn’t mess your ph and your roots will love it, your plants will be nice and green with healthy branches. Citrus, tomatoes, you name. I love the outdoors all organic right from the farm.

1337logan

PH...indeed. What about environmental or regional factors such as chlorination or hardness.

E

eirI

It is better to check pH of the water as varies form area to area.
Ya your right. I was just saying when we get some good spring rains it perks up plants. I was wondering does any collect and use it. I just want to say my Grandma and my Aunt I lived with were hippies. They grew the most tastiest produce. I remember on the hillside them making piles of scraps from dying leaves to cow crap. I would see just steam arising grandma told me it’s little bugs you can’t see doing its thing. As the soil became smaller then grandma used it.

Top Bottom