Rainbow Belts & Blarney Kush

• Thread starter rickysimples
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
rickysimples

rickysimples

Sup farmers, I'm new to the community over here so I'm still getting used to the format and everything. I keep an active IG account, but like to stick to my roots with the forums. I've been a member of RIU since 2008, and feel it's time to move to a new platform. Nothing against RIU, but it's not what it used to be, and a lot of the good and great growers have moved on from there.

I grow in two tents, a 4x4 and a 2x4. I typically rotate between coco and hydroton, and use flood and drain tables with LED lights. For nutrients I use Jacks 321, supplemented with Orca, Mammoth P, Fulvic Acid, and Carefree enzymes. I run the Jacks full strength from start to finish, PPM's at 830 and keep PH between 5.8 and 6.2.

April 20th
May5th
May17th
PlumberSoCal

PlumberSoCal

Barney Kush? I'm Irish, gotta get some of this stuff! Irish I had a beer as well 😉

Welcome!

rickysimples

rickysimples

Barney Kush? I'm Irish, gotta get some of this stuff! Irish I had a beer as well 😉

Welcome!

Thanks Man. It's 'Blarney' Kush from Dankonomics Genetics, who is of irish descent. It's Triangle x (Black Forest Cake x Stardawg).

The Rainbow Belts from Archive is a Moonbow pheno of Zkittles that was BX'd.

rickysimples

rickysimples

The lights off picture is after some foliar spray before light on in the 4x4. My foliar mixture consists of Recharge, Silica, Cal-Mag, Surfactant, Dyna Grow FP. Total PPM of 300 and PH’d to 5.8. I foliar spray 3-5 times per week, sometimes less, sometimes more. Never after week 3 -4 of flower.

rickysimples

rickysimples

Here's some Ghost Cake I'm smoking on. It's a cross between Ghost OG & Black Forest Cake. BFC is an Alien Cookies cross by Dankonomics from Jaws Genetics pollen. Matt took the forum cut clone to the alien cookies from JAWS, and the BFC pheno was selected out of 300+ phenos. BFC is a forum cut cookies BX2. Alien Cookies is a forum cut BX1 that JAWS did the work on and selected for cookie dough traits. It's forum cookies x (forum cookies x alien dawg [obsol33ts cut]). JAWS took it to F3 or F4 in, not sure if he got it from Tre or Crom.

58652740 395947464591146 7902648024913437201 n
56947249 2185882888390760 3722576944894519562 n
rickysimples

rickysimples

The 2x4 tent has been reset, just waiting on the seeds to germinate.

Running 12 reg Shock & Awe from Cult Classics Seeds & 7 Fem GG4 x Starfighter's from Dankonomics Genetics.

60741133 2576371252375291 8754313831805094138 n
rickysimples

rickysimples

Got the reservoir filled up yesterday so the 2x4 is officially ready for plants. Here's a rundown of how I mix my res.

1. Fill up 27 gallon HDX tote with 16 gallons of reverse osmosis water. We'll be setting aside 4 gallons of additional water to mix nutrients, so we'll end up with a total of 20 gallons in the res.
2. Measure out the Jacks 321. I use mini dipping sauce cups. 60 grams Jacks in one cup, 40 grams of Cal-Nit in another. and 20 gram of Epsom Salt in another.
3. I also use .4/grams per gallon of fulvic acid, so I measure out 8 grams of that.
4. Grab two 5 gallon buckets, fill each bucket with two gallons of reverse osmosis water (this is what I'll mix the nutrients in).
5. Jacks and Epsom go in one bucket, Cal-Nit goes in the other. The Cal-Nit always dissolves first, the Jacks takes a little while so be patience and keep stirring occasionally.
6. Once everything is dissolved, I dump both buckets into the reservoir.
7. Dump the fulvic acid in the reservoir and give it a stir.
8. Measure out 12ML of Orca and 12ML of Mammoth P, put in res.
9. Lastly, measure and dump 5ML of carefree enzymes into the res. (it's my alternative to cannazyme/hygrozyme) way more concentrated/better value.
10. Give the res a stir and wait a few minutes. Measure the PH & PPM's (PPM's should be right between 830-850). PH will be low (around 5.2-5.3) so I add PH up to stabilize at 5.9.

That's it. Total time takes about 30 minutes, and aside from the top off's and water checks, this system is about as hands off as it gets. I used to change the res weekly, but after letting it go over two months between changes (and just doing top offs) and still having very healthy plants, I believe performing weekly res changes is a waste of money. My comfort point is to change the res every 3-4 weeks.

My next step is to prep 19 3x3 plastic pots and saturate the coco I'll be using with nutrient water. I've used coco straight out of the bag, but this last time I think I got an old bag that was kind of dried out. I didn't soak it ahead of time and the plants had a bit of a battle with magnesium uptake early on. The other half of the plants (that had fresher coco) had no issues, so I'm positive that the early issues were due to that.

All I do to saturate the coco is put the pots on a tray, and dump a gallon of water from my reservoir on them, and let that water soak in the for a bit. Afterwards I discard the water and put the pots inside the tent, under the light for a day. I use a pencil/stick to stir up the coco in the pot to keep it loose, and when the seeds are ready to be planted I put them right in there.

After 3 weeks they should be ready for their first topping. A week after that I'll take cuts and put them into flower, keeping an eye on the reg plants to determine sex. I typically don't touch the plants or do anything for the first two weeks of flower. At 14 days I like to perform a leaf strip and clean up any larger fan leaves that are interfering with bud sites getting light. I'll also lollipop each plant and clean up the lowers. I do this again around day 28-35.

rickysimples

rickysimples

6/9/2019 Update

I culled the two Blarney Kush from the 4x4 tent. They began showing male balls about a week ago, so I kept my eyes on them for a few days. Eventually when I started seeing clusters forming I decided to cut them down.

The remaining 6 Rainbow Belts in the 4x4 are pretty dialed in. Today is #22 of flower and they appear to be done with their stretch. I put a trellis net in last week to assist in training the plants to keep the height down, and so far it's been working very well.

Unfortunately in the 2x4 I was only able to get 5 of 12 Shock & Awe seeds to germinate. I'm not too bummed about it because I got the pack for $60, and if I can find a keeper pheno then it all works itself out. But it's still kind of surprising to get such shitty numbers. I'm not sure if it was old stock on SOL seeds, or if it was an error I made, but I'm usually in that 90%+ range for germinating seeds, so I'm leaning towards thinking it's the genetics. As a comparison - all 7 GG4 x Starfighters that I popped at the same time as the Shock & Awe have germinated and are growing up really quickly.

In order to back fill and keep the tents somewhat full, I just popped 2 Jeeves from Cannarado (The White x Sundae Driver), and 2 Willamete Widows. All four just started poking through the surface yesterday. The Jeeves is fem, the WW is not, so I'll for sure have 9 females going into flower next round. 7 GG4xSF + 2 Jeeves, then hopefully I get some nice F2M ratios on the S&A and WW and maybe I'll have 12+ to flower.

IMG 20190609 123908
IMG 20190609 123928
IMG 20190609 123937
IMG 20190609 123950
IMG 20190609 124010
IMG 20190609 124040
IMG 20190609 124044
IMG 20190609 124048
IMG 20190609 124116
IMG 20190609 124126

Top Bottom