rainwater ph high

• Thread starter cruzin
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Dan789

Dan789

My AC & dehumidifier run off water pH runs mid 3 to 4 with a ppm of about 20-30.
That sounds pretty high, better check out the level of "stuff" that may have collected in those appliances...Should be close to neutral. 7.

pixelpaws

pixelpaws

I collect rainwater for my houseplants and veggies. Started legal growing indoors last fall and rainwater tested a perfect PH. Tested this month after a big rain and it is running very high. Glad I checked it and didn't assume it is always the same.

And I was straining and boiling it (!) last fall. I still strain but boiling is crazy.

GDub51

GDub51

Contact your local water department they usually run tests cheap and or free.
Where did you get your PHD? I have a friend that is a Ph.D. who is a professor of soil science at a major university. I can bug him occasionally with my growing questions. I collect runoff water as well as the local water is SO hard (over 400ppm) it must be diluted with the runoff water (under 10ppm) before adding any additives. I'm concerned about any bad bacteria happening in the stored water. I keep mosquito larvae out with "mosquito pellets" but don't know what else to do to ensure the water is safe. I'm thinking of adding some tap water to it (full of anti-bacterial ingredients) to "purify" it letting it sit for the chlorine to evaporate off for a few days before use. Anybody else using collected rainwater? Any problems with long storage? (a few months max) I'll check with my local water department if they offer any testing services. I store it all in plastic garbage cans by the way.
Contact your local water department they usually run tests cheap and or free.

GDub51

GDub51

Water is def not a renewal resource. That's why it illegal to use some places. There is probably something leaching into your tank. I doubt the roof would have anything to do with it unless something was sprayed on it even then the rain water only touched it for at the most 3 seconds.

Google search for a water supply store say culligan man if in Ontario. Call them out to have your tap water tested they will test your rain water too

I use rain water for my dwc but I add cal mag obviously my water tested pH of 6.8 and ppm of 8.

Unless your in a heavily populated and polluted city like LA where acid rain could be the problem (not sure about alkaline rain tho).

Have you considered a possible microb problem? That would be my first place I'd start. Some how sterilize your holding tank with hydroguard or enzyme complete even high dose of h202.
Rotary car?? do you have a Mazda with a rotary engine?? I had an RX-7. I ran the ex. engine with a turbocharger to create a Porche embarrassor! Then when it burned up I had the larger rotary engine from the pick up installed. It had much more torque than the original. I'm sorry I let that one go. Sorry for the non-pot blurb.

GDub51

GDub51

I work in the water conservation industry. 100% non renewable. The water cycle nothing in the article explained how water is created! It evaporates then condenses ok how is that making water?

The water I drink is used up and what's left is non drinkable! Yes with human innovation we can purify pur water.

In what process naturally found on earth that free roaming hydrogen atoms are smash@g into a pair of oxygen atoms?

There's an easy way to determine weigh your grey water and the purified water you extract. Wood is renewable new trees grow. The water cycle does not make water it distributes it.
"In what process naturally found on earth that free roaming hydrogen atoms are smash@g into a pair of oxygen atoms?" It's naturally-occurring, formed by sunlight acting on water, and hydrogen peroxide is produced by both plant and animal cells. 30, 2019 I suggest reading this.

JadedMarxist

JadedMarxist

Supporter
Wow a computer says it's tru without any real proof must be true. What do we call something that's tru? FACT! that's right little jimmy. What do we call an educated guess class? Hypothesis!
You kids so damn smart. What do we call an uneducated guess? Theory!

So a computer model programmed by humans with almost 0 knowledge of where the water has came from to begin with and a guess by a computer program can amazing.

Not saying your theory is wrong maybe water is made in the earth. Hard to explain why the amount of water has not changed in millions of years that we theorize, if the water was made on earth then why all the worry? Why the shortage of clean drinking water in poor nations? If it's made naturally? Why is there not an abundance of water mars?

You know what I make RO water so I take 4 gallons of drinkable water I make 1 gallon of pure water and 3 gallons of non drinkable water for every 4gallons.

How is it that the salinity in the oceans is only being diluted now as the ice sheets melt would the world making its own water not desalinate the oceans naturally? No evidence of it!

Or you suggest that the world has a float of some kind to shut down the making of water when it's full?

Questions that can't be answered by your theory. You could argue a byproduct of combustion is water but your not making water your condensing existing water the water that evaps from the oceans does not disappear, when the rains fall that's not new water it's evaped moisture that recondenses into water.

I'd love to see some of that new water being made I'd love to taste it to see if it tastes different from the millions of years old water that's actually real

One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
I collect rain water off my roof I'll test it see what's up . Be back later got gardening to do .

JadedMarxist

JadedMarxist

Supporter
My rain water is a ph of 7 never really fluxes to much at all for storage I use black jugs and have them in n a dark spot with air stones to agitate for bacteria protection and use an enzyme just because

PlumberSoCal2

PlumberSoCal2

Well a computer model must be right. Just because the earth can make minor amounts of water from scratch is hardly proof of a renewable resource.

On that hand its amazing how much we don't know about our own home or yourselfs.

To truly be considered renewable would mean it replenished as fast or faster than we can use it.

In that sense being only 3% of all the water one the planet is potable by definition its non renewable.

Either way I live in the only country that could be self sustaining because 2.99% of that fresh water is here in Canada.

America alone uses billions of gallons of potable water just to water crops and landscapes per day. Now the hypothesis about renewable water of course is vague and not convincing to me at all because I doubt even the scientist who wrote that article would believe the world renews that kind of galanage that it is indeed non renewable simply because we use it 1000times fasterthen it could possibly be renewed.

Of course I'll hang on to my diploma and I'll still argue my side of the debate because plain and simple millions arewithout.

When the tru worth of water comes to light not a single person on this forum will be able to afford to waste water watering there grass if any of is will even be able to afford to drink it.

My rain water comes off a steel roof thankfully

My tap water at the tap is at 750ppm hard is not the word for it more like diamond water pH of 7 tho.

I'm gonna look into the water being created on the earth tho because if I've learned anything in my short time on this planet is you can't trust anything or anyone. One supposed published article about a hypothesis is hardly considered a fact. The reason water is considered renewable is the fact when it evaporates they consider it off world then when it falls back to earth that's renewed. With new tech the 3% will get bigger.

I can say I believe Martians have never been here on earth I believe they out there but not here because simply one of the rarest things in the universe is life sustaining liquid water and if Martians found earth they will kill us off to take the water.
Shit, I use a million gallons per shower but then again I'm a plumber, I need it!🤣

Our governments need to invest in saline removal of ocean water. We have the technology, stop messing around.

lvstealth

lvstealth

Supporter
"Get government involved" that hardly ever goes well...

It sounds like there is something in the tank causing it. Can you collect some rain in a bucket just to test? See what it is before it hits your tank?

SSgrower

SSgrower

Yes, I keep buckets out for collection and have some run-off from my cottage into a barrel. 7.9 usually Ph.

lvstealth

lvstealth

Supporter
i would be concerned that if you treat the tank, then the issue might still be there and not get fixed.

Top Bottom