Random Thoughts on Physical Security

• Thread starter RMCG
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
R

RMCG

I am just going to post random things I run across that could be of interest to others...

Know the difference between dead locks and dead bolts.

Swapping out grow room security locks with dead LOCKS can limit access to other areas because you need a key (from both sides) to unlock.

I had deadbolts on my room doors and all external doors. Tough from the outside to get in, but when he was in, he was able to unlock doors to get to adjoining rooms by turning the bolt from the inside.

I could have mitigated some loss by limiting access to additional rooms.

Firemen hate these things, because you can die while fumbling for keys if your house is on fire and you need to escape. But deadlocks on external doors can 'trap' your intruder inside, forcing them to have to escape through however they got in. If its a window, it could save some loss as they aren't going to be making multiple trips if they have to squeeze back out through with loot.

R

RMCG

Something like this could really stop an intruder that was 'trapped' inside your house...

[YOUTUBE]q2BU2NiyUrQ[/YOUTUBE]

:)

Here is one that is a ceiling mount.
Looks like a smoke detector...

387_large_image.jpg

http://www.securitysolutionsworld.com/burglar_specs1.htm

C

CAPO

Absofuckinlutely RMCG...you know it..if your spot gets breached the best self defense would lie in slowing these assholes down...by all means necessary!
It wouldn't be that difficult to mount something around the windows that would make it virtually impossible to use them as an entrance or an egress....especially if your house is devoted to gardening.
Try losing your key one time and see where your mind goes...straight to the weak spots like lower windows and glass windows on doors....FORTIFY that shit.
I wish you the best RCMG!

R

RMCG

One of the stronger door braces available today...

[YOUTUBE]7YC6idESxyQ[/YOUTUBE]

R

RMCG

Absofuckinlutely RMCG...you know it..if your spot gets breached the best self defense would lie in slowing these assholes down...by all means necessary!
It wouldn't be that difficult to mount something around the windows that would make it virtually impossible to use them as an entrance or an egress....especially if your house is devoted to gardening.
Try losing your key one time and see where your mind goes...straight to the weak spots like lower windows and glass windows on doors....FORTIFY that shit.
I wish you the best RCMG!

If window bars don't look 'odd' in your neighborhood, they can be had at Home Depot for $25 - $50/window.

If they would look weird, lag bolt them to the INSIDE on to wall studs.

This might stop someone too...

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/1042066/spray_can_booby_trap/

Change it from Fart Spray to OC grenade...

:)

Or purchase one here:
http://www.securitysolutionsworld.com/store.php?crn=230

383_large_image.jpg

R

RMCG

My dogs are pets, first and foremost.

They are all 'guard' breeds, but I will not put them where they can be poisoned, shot, killed, etc.

I do walk my 'big boy' around so people SEE him, but he is not going to be turned loose as a junkyard dog in a grow house.

R

RMCG

Secure your door jams...

door-with-deadbolt-was-kicked-in.jpg

Metal 'kick' plates:

sm2proinstalled.jpg

To go the ghetto route, (4 or 6) 3" eyebolts screwed into the door frame (at roughly hinge and knob level) and run metal rods or steel cable through them.

Padlock or clamp them to secure.

Steel outer doors can be popped with a car jack in a few seconds, when they start working on your inner doors (kicking, slamming, etc.) this can spread the impact to more area than the weak hinges or the thin (3/4") wood around the bolt of your deadlock/deadbolt.

Cort

Cort

My dogs are pets, first and foremost.

They are all 'guard' breeds, but I will not put them where they can be poisoned, shot, killed, etc.

I do walk my 'big boy' around so people SEE him, but he is not going to be turned loose as a junkyard dog in a grow house.

My dogs are family members first and foremost. As such, I expect them to guard the house when I am not home as well as I do when I am home.

One of my favorite stories is the cable guy who came into the yard. I told him to wait for me to put my pack of darlings inside but the idiot insisted he was fine. (musta been new) My pack didnt bark, didnt growl and didnt bite. They merely surrounded him, showing teeth and backed him up against the fence before sitting down and waiting for me.

The sole male then hiked his leg and doused some trousers.

If only I could teach them to use the toilet they would be perfect.

sky high

sky high

One thing for future reference for alll peeps.....

when you mount a deadbolt, mount it at 5' high/shoulder height/etc...not near the mid-section of the door that is in direct line of a good kick. Though not burglar-proof...a deadbolt mounted higher on the door it is much harder to breach.

Good info RMCG. Much respect for tryin to alert others to weaknesses/etc.

M

MediMary

yah, great info RMCG really got me thinking,

I went outside the other night and my motion sensor light was not going on, reached up and it wasn't screwed in all the way, Screwed it back in and I had light.

Next night I go outside, fuckin no light again, I was Like WTF.. but the bulb had just burned out.. LOL

Cort

Cort

Just gotta apologize for my dickhead attitude problem. I get that way sometimes.

You were offering solid advice, ignore my BS comments and continue.

R

RMCG

Just gotta apologize for my dickhead attitude problem. I get that way sometimes.

You were offering solid advice, ignore my BS comments and continue.

No apologies necessary. :)

I didn't think that they were BS comments at all, just not something that ~I~ would do/use. There is additional 'training' that goes in to a dog for property protection (refusing food from strangers, not eating something tossed into the yard, etc.) that I don't want to get into, as I am nowhere near comfortable performing that task.

Cops and Bad Guys shoot dogs when they come in. Personally I could not handle knowing that I wasted a dogs life protecting a plant. My home on the other hand, I EXPECT them to spring in to action and perform as they are bred to do.

G

Greenmantis

One thing for future reference for alll peeps.....

when you mount a deadbolt, mount it at 5' high/shoulder height/etc...not near the mid-section of the door that is in direct line of a good kick. Though not burglar-proof...a deadbolt mounted higher on the door it is much harder to breach.

Good info RMCG. Much respect for tryin to alert others to weaknesses/etc.

That's a good Idea, I am gonna have to install a second deadbolt on my door now...

B

Buddy Hemphill

My dogs are working dogs. If one dies protecting me or mine.....I will say a few words when I bury him and buy another one just like him.

I dont think enough can be said for a mean dog.

Red satan
S

spiderman

My dogs are working dogs. If one dies protecting me or mine.....I will say a few words when I bury him and buy another one just like him.

I dont think enough can be said for a mean dog.
works for rippers...leo won't hesitate to kill a mean dog though. in fact, i think they they like it!:character0095:

hiboy

hiboy

Also mount any exterior motion lights out of hands reach. Not only so the bastards cant unscrew the lamps , the higher the light the wider the spread of the beam
thanks rmcg.
got me thinking more now
hiboy

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
works for rippers...leo won't hesitate to kill a mean dog though. in fact, i think they they like it!:character0095:
All the dog has to be doing is barking and they have reason to kill it. CHP killed my sister's dog AFTER letting her (a little bitty 40lb border collie) out of their fenced and gated yard. Pussy shot her five times. All she was doing was herding him away from the property, that was her job. Fucking bastard.

Spoke with a neighbor a few days ago, cops were around and asked her about *my* dog, if she's vicious. I'm always afraid she's going to be shot by them, I love that damned dog.

TortureKill

TortureKill

If window bars don't look 'odd' in your neighborhood, they can be had at Home Depot for $25 - $50/window.

If they would look weird, lag bolt them to the INSIDE on to wall studs.

This might stop someone too...

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/1042066/spray_can_booby_trap/

Introduce some flame, and you have one wicked ass flamethrower (booby trap) lol. U would know real quick who tried to enter, just look for the guy with the hair missing from the top of his dome. HOT SHIT! ***I Wouldnt recommend anyone actually try this. U dont want to burn your own shit down..

Top Bottom