Rapid rooter or jiffy peat pellets

• Thread starter Bib4tuna
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Bib4tuna

Bib4tuna

I've always used the method of soaking in glass of water then placing in paper towel & paper plates method but I bought jiffy pellets this time. Do these have good germination rate? I've also heard good things about rapid rooters. Should I try these? Any info or methods is appreciated,thx!

One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
Hi I've used jiffy pots as there called here for many many years both seed and cuttings there just so easy to use, but I’ll get some Rapid Rooters and give them a go always looking for ways to improve my production . Od .

Jack og

Jack og

Supporter
The rapid rooter is ph balanced and soaked with hormones that help rooting faster. And more reliable. I’ve used straight peat as well but I’ve found the cost to be negligible so I opted for the rapids

One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
The rapid rooter is ph balanced and soaked with hormones that help rooting faster. And more reliable. I’ve used straight peat as well but I’ve found the cost to be negligible so I opted for the rapids
Cool when I soak the pellets I add Go Roots and a weak Vegemite tea normally have 100% last run was 12 out of 12 very pleasing , cost is no problem Jack .

Jack og

Jack og

Supporter
Ive transitioned to DWC type cloning ( basically a tank with a air stone and a pump). Easier to leave a few days and not stress out about misting clones!
I bought an “oxycloner “ they run about 79$ usd. Hydro farm carries them and they are rock solid! I’ve literally made thousands of clones with that system

One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
Ive transitioned to DWC type cloning ( basically a tank with a air stone and a pump). Easier to leave a few days and not stress out about misting clones!
I bought an “oxycloner “ they run about 79$ usd. Hydro farm carries them and they are rock solid! I’ve literally made thousands of clones with that system
Well I was just looking at one last night I think I’ve narrowed it down I’ll get a 24 this way I can spread out the 12 cuts I normally take from the mothers .

Bib4tuna

Bib4tuna

Thx for the tips guys. I've heard similarly good things about rapid rooters. As far as the jiffy it was mixed reviews with some saying 50% germination & others saying 100% so ill probably spring for rapid rooters. The price difference I found on Amazon for the rapid rooters isn't much more than the jiffy plus as OG said I heard their packed with hormones & stuff for the seeds. I haven't really messed around with cloning since I'm using fem seeds but if the girl scout shows the platinum cookies phenotype I might give it a shot.

Top Bottom