Rare Orchid pics (No weed, but cool check um out)

• Thread starter ibTheMan
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
I

ibTheMan

Well my Ant was from wealthy family from South America, see loved Orchids and had alot of rare Orchids, she passed away and i was given these Orchids, sounds corny but it really means alot to me to keep these alive, from what ive been told there very hard to get to flower, im by no means ah sap, but it gets me emotional when it flowers cause of my ant.(which is once ah year if your luckey)

i know its not weed, but how cool are they, its called a bearded clown(or something like that)
i really hope u like um.
first 2 pics r from last year, next 2 from this year.

Rare orchid pics no weed but cool check um out
Rare orchid pics no weed but cool check um out 2
Raskals sourers orks 002
Raskals sourers orks 003
F

Fred

Premium Member
Supporter
Beautiful! A nice story. I don't think it's corny at all. Keep em' green!

fred

I

ibTheMan

Thanks man, glad you like um! for real they mean alot to me, more then any weed ever could.

R

Rob1

they are amazing would love to have something like tht.. very nice story also...

waayne

waayne

Thanks for sharing bro! Those are beautiful!
Orchids are one of the most interesting and exotic plant species on earth!
Here's one of my favorites. :pimp:

IMG_2246.JPG
IMG_22251.JPG

xX Kid Twist Xx

xX Kid Twist Xx

Premium Member
Supporter
great story bro. nice pics both of you.

FarmerGreen

FarmerGreen

First pic looks to be an oncidium - perhaps a "dancing doll" hybrid. I used to have 6 exotics. My favorite was a yellow "spider" orchid, which had long dangling labellum. It, unfortunately was also a favorite with my cats - who would chatter at it, and finally "caught" those strange birds which seemed to hover there so tantalizingly.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
That's not corny at all, ib. Last year my grandfather passed away and I had to make an emergency trip to Puerto Rico to the old family home where he was born and my grandparents had spent their entire married lives. Both gardened extensively on the roof of this house, it used to be so beautiful, and orchids were but one of the dozens and dozens of plants my grandmother grew. When I went out there workers had thrown all the plants over the back balcony to the street level (original level of this 400yo+ home) (man, I get choked up just thinking about it...fuck), and so my sons, cousins and I went down and rescued as much as we could, including many fingers of her orchids. My mother has the orchids at her place in SoCal now.

I brought home some of her herbs, two different kinds of oregano, one she calls witch's oregano with big, fat, thick leaves that are all covered with fuzz and are oregano on steroids, and the other had tiny leaves and was very fragrant. I couldn't get the witch's oregano to root, all cuts died. I did get the tiny-leaved oregano to root and it was growing beautifully on the back deck. Then we had a hard freeze and I lost it.

So many of my early memories are tied to my grandmother's cooking, being sent out to clip something from one pot of herbs or another and then tasting the wonderfulness that came from her amazing touch. I cried when I realized the one oregano had died, completely, and now there is no chance whatsoever of getting any more, ever again.

I TOTALLY understand where you're coming from.

I

ibTheMan

Thanks for sharing bro! Those are !
Orchids are one of the most interesting and exotic plant species on earth!
Here's one of my favorites. :pimp:

IMG_2246.JPG
IMG_22251.JPG
Them are beautiful to, they look like there fake they look so cool, i have two others but there not ready to flower, one looks like it should by next year for sure.

I

ibTheMan

That's not corny at all, ib. Last year my grandfather passed away and I had to make an emergency trip to Puerto Rico to the old family home where he was born and my grandparents had spent their entire married lives. Both gardened extensively on the roof of this house, it used to be so beautiful, and orchids were but one of the dozens and dozens of plants my grandmother grew. When I went out there workers had thrown all the plants over the back balcony to the street level (original level of this 400yo+ home) (man, I get choked up just thinking about it...fuck), and so my sons, cousins and I went down and rescued as much as we could, including many fingers of her orchids. My mother has the orchids at her place in SoCal now.

I brought home some of her herbs, two different kinds of oregano, one she calls witch's oregano with big, fat, thick leaves that are all covered with fuzz and are oregano on steroids, and the other had tiny leaves and was very fragrant. I couldn't get the witch's oregano to root, all cuts died. I did get the tiny-leaved oregano to root and it was growing beautifully on the back deck. Then we had a hard freeze and I lost it.

So many of my early memories are tied to my grandmother's cooking, being sent out to clip something from one pot of herbs or another and then tasting the wonderfulness that came from her amazing touch. I cried when I realized the one oregano had died, completely, and now there is no chance whatsoever of getting any more, ever again.

I TOTALLY understand where you're coming from.

thats a awesome story, just goes to show you theres alot more to us Farmers then weed, and so many great stories, i love it.
yup thats y these types of things are so important, no matter how simple cause there aint a weed in the world that cant be replaced, but stuff like this can never be replaced.

Latest posts

Top Bottom