Raspberry pi anyone?

• Thread starter Jones20992
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Jones20992

Jones20992

Thinking about trying to build a raspberry pi control system starting with basic functionality and then expanding later on examples being

Monitoring

Air temp
humidity
water temp
ph
EC
PPM
Reservoir level
Top off tank level
water 0² level

Controlling

Lights
Water pumps
Air pumps
Circulation fans
Exhaust fans
Heating pad
Chiller or AC

pipe dreams

Control a set up of valves and dosing pumps to automate draining, flushing, and mixing of nutrients for water changes.

Just curious if anyone here has tried it before?

threatco

threatco

I want to learn more about this.

@redshift75

Any thoughts on how you were considering implementing this?

msp

msp

Hi.

You can get cheap sensors from china for monitoring. I use DHT22, CCS811 and soil moisture sensor with probe.
To control your devices you can use relays, for less that $15 you can get 8 channel relay with isolator and control 8 devices AC or DC.
I know about water level sensors those are cheap too. Im sure there are ph ec sensors but havent looked into them.
Adafruit has open code and will work with most of these cheap sensors.

I used python scripts for live monitoring and storing data with postgresql, then another python script would call data and control relays.

Check this also:

R

redshift75

I want to learn more about this.

@redshift75

Any thoughts on how you were considering implementing this?
I am almost done with my pi build. Im just waiting on a few more "things" to finish it, "sensor, controllers mostly. I have lots of the stuff. but didnt have like humidity, and temp sensors specifically. So when im done, The PI will control all of my QB. I plan to experiment with Lux sensors. to give me a reading to base the adjustments. Will have airflow controlled, humidity, temp, As best as i can with air circulation.

will have basics of logs and what have you. Im hoping to be able to get enough measurements to really auto document my grows. I'm also going to do time lapse cameras. Im not sure if i want to invest the money. But i may get a sensor for PH and PPM for each plant.

Not hard to get the various things. Sky is the limit really. Just is a matter of setting it all up and getting the time to tie it all in.

threatco

threatco

For the total newbie, what's the basic concept behind the pi raspberry and the sensors? How do they interface? Can you integrate normal sensors somehow? How do humans interface with it?

msp

msp

For the total newbie, what's the basic concept behind the pi raspberry and the sensors? How do they interface? Can you integrate normal sensors somehow? How do humans interface with it?

So many sensors already have digital output, you can simply connect these to your GPIO pins. Some of the sensors are analog and have analog to digital converter on them. You can use analog sensors but you will need an extention or converter, check out HATs extentions for multiple analog devices.
I know there are some advanced sensors that work on windows and will also work on raspberry.
You interface sensors from your rasbian using console.

Screenshot of live monitoring:
Safas

Jones20992

Jones20992

I am almost done with my pi build. Im just waiting on a few more "things" to finish it, "sensor, controllers mostly. I have lots of the stuff. but didnt have like humidity, and temp sensors specifically. So when im done, The PI will control all of my QB. I plan to experiment with Lux sensors. to give me a reading to base the adjustments. Will have airflow controlled, humidity, temp, As best as i can with air circulation.

will have basics of logs and what have you. Im hoping to be able to get enough measurements to really auto document my grows. I'm also going to do time lapse cameras. Im not sure if i want to invest the money. But i may get a sensor for PH and PPM for each plant.

Not hard to get the various things. Sky is the limit really. Just is a matter of setting it all up and getting the time to tie it all in.

With ppm and ph you can also set up auto dosing, I've been thinking of adapting reef pi

youngOG

youngOG

yeah . can be interesting if your find a valid sensor to monitor water content .. to do some crop steering/precision irrigation

Latest posts

Top Bottom