Raw weed: edible?

• Thread starter 420SOS
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
420SOS

420SOS

for years ive heard and have tried several time,brownies,they never did nothing to me,a buddy that got banned here sent me some samples of stuff he made and swore to be careful,shit i ate 3 gummies nothing,3 brownies nothing,tried canna sauve nothing,all the other guys were wasted so maybe it just your own body be my guess,i send mine up in smoke,still roll my own joints and when i run out of sleaves i use a coke can with holes as a bong hahahah,ya i heard all the shit of the steel and paint and all that,i see it this way,i was dieing as soon as i breath of air,live the life you want and pay attention to your own biz,what i fear is the idiots on the roads more than a coke can hahahah im just stupid though,so trey at home,or do at your own discreation lmao.back in the days of no weed the record stores were head shops,they sold rush it came in a bottle and one sniff would send you to the moon,lasted about a min and after 5 or 6 snorts of that stuff head ache big time,now they have cbd's in my state i been thinking of trying them again but hell be my luck damn cop would follow me home and stalk my ass next trip to town,hahahah
Now that's tolerance! I've done the can , shotgun pipe so much the paint fell off so I'm not too worried about that :D

420SOS

420SOS

Decarb it before eating,probably still nothing happening. MBM does the trick for me,people who eat too many of my edibles are still stoned the next day
I think decarbing before eating might do more than raw, gotta show us some pics of them edibles!

420SOS

420SOS

I bought a ardent lift a couple weeks ago and decarbed some bud, ground it up and stuck it in capsules. It works great. Been taking 12.5 mg caps the last two weeks and get a great buzz after an hour or so after digesting it. A 25mg cap keeps me really buzzed for a solid 6 hours. The 12.5mg lasts about 3-4 hours.
Got it down to a science! That capsule technique is advanced stuff

420SOS

420SOS

Yes I do exactly that. Let’s do some quick math.

Let’s say the bud material you are using is 20% thc. This is just an industry average and if you know the potency of your material the math will be more precise.

If you are using material that is 20% thc then 1 gram of material will equal 200mg of thc. If you are trying to make 25mg capsules you’ll be able to make 8 out of 1 gram of material. If you are using 25% thc material then you can make 10 capsules out of 1 gram.

Don’t take my word for it. Check the ardent nova website.

That being said you may need more or less to get the desired effects. I took a 25mg capsule and was high as hell for a solid 6 hours. So I decided to halve it and make 12.5mg caps and those seem to be my sweet spot. Others might be able to take two 25mg caps and get a decent buzz. A buddy of mine took a 25 and a 12.5 and got high as hell. He has a much bigger tolerance than I do right now. As your body gets used to it you may need to take more. But make no mistake this does work and it works exactly as if you ate a gummy or any other edible. If you don’t feel much after an hour or so then next time up the dose. There’s no right or wrong when it comes to dosing. What you need could be vastly different than someone else so adjust accordingly.

You can also smoke the decarbed bud. It’s actually quite a bit stronger when doing so and hits you immediately as all the thc is fully activated and not reliant on a heat source to decarb the bud as you’re smoking it. When you smoke a joint the cherry decarbs the material as you smoke it. However this is wasteful and is said to only deliver 1/3 of the thc to your lungs. By activating the thc prior to smoking it you get a much higher percentage and therefore this extra step makes the material seem more potent.
I'm definitely trying smoking decarbed cannabis, thanks for the tip!

Fangthane

Fangthane

I'm definitely trying smoking decarbed cannabis, thanks for the tip!
If my understanding is correct, I think that would be redundant. The process of burning it is just a really quick form of decarboxylation, I believe. As far as I know, you only really need to decarb if you're going to infuse something, like butter or coconut oil. Not sure about tinctures and the more advanced techniques.

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
If my understanding is correct, I think that would be redundant. The process of burning it is just a really quick form of decarboxylation, I believe. As far as I know, you only really need to decarb if you're going to infuse something, like butter or coconut oil. Not sure about tinctures and the more advanced techniques.
Decarbing is pretty much necessary any time that the plant or the THCA isn't previously heated up to a certain temp, which also determines how much time is needed to decarb. Smoking, like was mentioned earlier, decarbs it almost instantly. Making brownies does the same thing, but takes a little longer due to lower temps.

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
Try smoking decarbed bud one time. I just tried it last week and would be smoking it now except I ran out. The taste isn’t the best but it does feel more potent. Again don’t take my word for it. It states exactly this on the Ardent Nova website which is why I decided to try it. Sure it’s redundant but imo it actually works.

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

Now that's tolerance! I've done the can , shotgun pipe so much the paint fell off so I'm not too worried about that :D
my wife must be the same,gt made her gummies sent brownies and nothing,online cbd oils no go,she has MS and nothing really helps,she dont like catching a buzz so wont smoke it,tried all kinds of strains,she dont like the feeling,but some cliam the gummies and brownies waste them for days,just never happened with us haaahha

420SOS

420SOS

If it's decarboxylated, would it really still be considered "raw?" When I've seen people referencing eating raw weed, it always seemed to indicate that it wasn't decarbed.
That was what I was asking about but all the comments have been super interesting

Wolfe

Wolfe

I’ve eaten entire plants raw. Mainly males. I put that shiz in the blender with some bananas or mangos or chocolate. Drink a plant. For a while I was freezing fan leaves and just making smoothies with it. Why not?

Mr.jiujitsu

Mr.jiujitsu

I have been looking for this info...would really love to just take a pill. Do you decarb and then grind it and stuff the capsules? Doesn’t seem like that would be potent enough. (got sick from everclear tincture and can’t stand the thought of that anymore ☹).
Look at me reviews here for tthat

Wolfe

Wolfe

I believe this started with someone eating leaves. If that worked, we’d all be having a cannabis salad daily...forget all the rest of the considerable amount of work.
Maybe you haven’t tried it. I juice cannabis. It helps. Raw cannabis has plenty of benefits.

Wolfe

Wolfe

I think decarbing before eating might do more than raw, gotta show us some pics of them edibles!
I have boat loads of my own weed. I can do it all.
There is plenty of benefits to eating it raw.
You start juicing it in the regular. You’ll notice a difference in energy and how you feel overall. If your point is to get high, then decarb it.

Wolfe

Wolfe

You want potent oil in a capsule? Make RSO. Game over. I’ve eaten a ton of edibles.
My tolerance is extremely high . I’ll eat edibles and still smoke afterwords. I’ve eaten oil that was infused and it didn’t even touch the RSO. If you want to get stupid high. Learn to make that. I take it in a capsule sometimes.
Although, I started ditching the capsules and just putting the oil which is like tar on cereal or something else. Many capsules are made with things that can cause problems with your gut in the future.
And I make it with everclear but you cook it out and can’t taste it at all and if you can you’re doing it wrong. I’ve had everclear tincture and know exactly what you are talking about. RSO is not like that. Out of all the edibles and oils I’ve tried even dabs and this and that. RSO has been the strongest form of concentrate for me personally. My mother ate one grain of rice size dose and she said it was like being on acid back at Woodstock. If you make it right with strong weed. It’s the most potent type of cannabis I’ve ever had in a capsule by far.

Wolfe

Wolfe

Anyone claiming they can’t get high off edibles.
I’ll give you the challenge any day. Come by my place in Colorado. RSO will change your mind. I smoke like an ounce a week and I assure you, you’ll get high as fuck. The only way you would be able to tolerate it is if you had been eating a gram of RSO for like a month.

S

ScarletSmith

Commonly, marijuana is called as ‘pot’ or ‘weed’ and it is obtained from a plant named ‘cannabis sativa’. The leaves, flowers, stem and seeds of this plant are used as a drug. Weed can be used in a number of ways, but some of the most popular methods include smoking and vaping.
Edible weed products were also used to relieve stress and induce euphoria, similar to alcohol. Raw marijuana contains tetrahydrocannabinolic acid (THCA) and cannabidiolic acid (CBDA), compounds that must be exposed to heat. Yet, research in this area is lacking, so the potential therapeutic benefit of raw marijuana is still unclear.

Nugg

Nugg

From my research...your body can't break down the chemical in "raw" weed...so it would be like eating lawn grass...yet a dog stomach can break it down in raw form...not humans..

Top Bottom