RCDWC tanks

• Thread starter Jalisco Kid
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
J

Jalisco Kid

I am helping/watching a friend finish his room. He decided to go with this rcdwc for his room. I want him to use another tank I have but he prefered this lower profile. I prefer to use the same mold as my gm 1000. He is setting them on 5'6" centers. Vert lighting,rez in the floor,a/c, chiller,co2,70w sq'. Same as mine but he is closer to finishing. JK

Rcdwc tanks
Rcdwc tanks 2
E

easypleasie

Sweet! We finally get to see some of your products, JK. Think there's a room build coming up for us? Been waiting to see this one :) btw, how was your run with the rcdwc setup you were testing?

J

Jalisco Kid

I will show my room if I ever finish it. I have been working off an on for a year, might be done in 6 months. I work a day then recover for 3 but it takes a while for me to forget about the pain before I want to start again. But there is really not much to it. I will be in Mex before it is really done. I am just stubborn and will still finish it even though I doubt I will use it. JK
The DCW works fine I prefer my sys as it pushes the plants harder. But I am not a dwc guy so there is prejudice there. When I get my room done I would like to run a cut the same as DD's to give it a real test. We both seem good avg growers so it would be the system doing the talking. The DWC sys I think works better in the long run for someone who is not able to tend to his plants much.

E

easypleasie

Take your time, bro. I understand the pain problems. I usually have to take a couple days off after a bunch of lifting.

L

Lost

Are you going to have several of these going? Is it going to be a swift water setup, or are you just using 3/4 piping? How many gallon?

J

Jalisco Kid

The inlet is 1" feeding off a 1 1/2" line. The outlets are 2) 1 1/2" with a 2" overflow. Since most of my work is for custom installs I can put in what ever a customer can handle. This tank is 23gal I have a 3 bucket tank that is 135 gal cap using 70. I see that undercurrent has a patent pending. I called and they act like they invented this. I have had them for 5 years. There are no original ideas in either of our systems. We have been stealing ideas since the Hanging Gardens of Babylon. People like them crack me up. Hurtback was working these ideas 10 years ago. I will admit I have not seen any type of sys as well made and durable as mine. JK

E

easypleasie

I like the overkill :) That big access hole is an awesome idea if you need to check what's going on in the tank. Would love to see a grow off with the two systems! I think dds has you beat on cost of materials but performance is where it's at!

CheechWizard

CheechWizard

Jalisco Kid: you always have the best freakin' posts. Plz...show more of your system. This should be off-the-chain...

L

Lost

I wanted to give a quick thanks for the info provided. It was a JK thread like this that started me down the RCDWC path and now have a really great setup built. Thanks again for all your input on this forum (to everyone that participates on these threads)

:)

J

Jalisco Kid

I would bet his is much cheaper unless you add labor. But one case of pythium would pay for a few of my complete systems. My system has self cleaning airlines,try getting to them 6 weeks into flower. All my fitting are double threaded, it's nice not to have leaks.
My sys cost a lot if you do not have enough funtickets. But you tell anyone with a business background you have a business plan that will pay off all investments and give you a 50% net in 3 months they would be lining up to sign up.
My sys is for the grower who has had enough with crappy equipment. Someone who takes pride walking into a clean running room that is working all the time on time. That and knowing good info is but a call away.
I wish I could offer a guarantee of a min of a lb a plant but I have seen guys who could not harvest a lb in a bucket even if you gave him/her a bucket with a 3 lb budded plant already in the bucket. Suerte JK

R

Rolln J

I wish I could offer a guarantee of a min of a lb a plant but I have seen guys who could not harvest a lb in a bucket even if you gave him/her a bucket with a 3 lb budded plant already in the bucket. Suerte JK

lmao - true dat!

E

easypleasie

I think this is the funniest thing i've heard from you!

haha got a good laugh out of it.

Nothing like having a smooth operating system...one day i'll get there!

I'm with Lost on all the info provided. Learned heaps!

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
Talk about Kids playin...hehe, Jk and I are workin on a setup right ow that will dazzle the masses..should be incredibly insane in an over the top kind of way..

Big up JK!!

Tex

J

Jalisco Kid

Yeah TK, that will be nice to throw the switch on that one. I wish now I designed mine like I designed yours. Makes for a much cleaner install. Suerte JK

E

easypleasie

Alright dudes, now you got me really curious! Care to divulge some info? I'm ready to be dazzled! haha

Looks like foaf has a new setup with his single tree grow. I think he's going for highest yielding indoor plant, maybe :) That's a challenge i'd like to see JK, Doubleds and a few others get into.

J

Jalisco Kid

I remember when Foaf joined the kbsers. I saw his design, all I could think of that boy smokes too much and has a lot of time on his hands. He pulled it off though,pleasantly surprised me. I really like his vapor recovery sys for oil. Single plant takes to much time and you put too many of your eggs in one basket. JK

E

easypleasie

If it's your only plant, you're screwed if things go wrong. no doubt. I think it would be fun as a side project if you have the extra space, time, equipment, money, etc. It has a lot to do with the fun factor! I might give it a try in a 4x6 room. That's down the road...a very long road :doh

Latest posts

Top Bottom