Rdwc 10k Watts Hps, 2 630 Watt Lec, 6 400 Watt Metal Halide

• Thread starter HydroGuy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Cilantrillo

Cilantrillo

Sorry night watch I meant uniseals. The current culture bulk head I have never had a problem with just put silicon on the outside in case
Thank you for mentioning the use of silicone as a sealant. I concur.
I would not use any type of grease, especially in a recirculating system. Oils degrade rubber and plastic.

NightsWatch

NightsWatch

Thank you for mentioning the use of silicone as a sealant. I concur.
I would not use any type of grease, especially in a recirculating system. Oils degrade rubber and plastic.

As a farmer i assure you food grade greases will not damage anything its what its designed for such as a FG greases
Highly resistant to water washout, water jet spray, and most sterilizing chemicals used in cleaning or in Hydroponic conditions

I used it in raw milk processes to every function of a dairy with dealing in steaming cheese cultures, an so on
It works great one must remember its used in every food processing plant in the world and for good reason

Last edited:
Cilantrillo

Cilantrillo

As a farmer i assure you food grade greases will not damage anything its what its designed for such as a FG greases
Highly resistant to water washout, water jet spray, and most sterilizing chemicals used in cleaning or in Hydroponic conditions

I used it in raw milk processes to every function of a dairy with dealing in steaming cheese cultures, an so on
It works great
It is not a matter of whether it is food grade or not, it is a matter of chemical composition. Lipids will eventually degrade plastic.

NightsWatch

NightsWatch

Yeah after you die and your kids kids have kids :) its really a moot point
One could question ok Cancer is rising and the number 1 killer in the world yet with new silicone plates cookware teflon ?? etc etc etc .

Its expected in the next 15 years 50 percent more deaths will be cause by Cancer so really what is safe and what isn't safe is up to the person to choose

So the answer really is what is the best ?? science is really not out yet on that answer
but lets dismiss silicone breast implants cause a immune break down and certain cancer right ??

All i know is i take my 50 years of farming practices and use it liberally on any other project and do well
mean while i am going to go to the barn and take some snap shots of some 100 year plastic bins that lips have not damaged yet :)

Cilantrillo

Cilantrillo

Yeah after you die and your kids kids have kids :) its really a moot point
One could question ok Cancer is rising and the number 1 killer in the world yet with new silicone plates cookware teflon ?? etc etc etc .

Its expected in the next 15 years 50 percent more deaths will be cause by Cancer so really what is safe and what isn't safe is up to the person to choose

So the answer really is what is the best ?? science is really not out yet on that answer
but lets dismiss silicone breast implants cause a immune break down and certain cancer right ??

All i know is i take my 50 years of farming practices and use it liberally on any other project and do well
mean while i am going to go to the barn and take some snap shots of some 100 year plastic bins that lips have not damaged yet :)
50 years of doing it wrong does not impress me. I'm just curious tuner at what point you started thinking that you knew it all. But that's none of my business...
Your circus, your monkeys.
Thanks for the lulz

Last edited:
HydroGuy

HydroGuy

Few more pics from about day 20 of flower. Now I just want them to stop growing already!
IMG 0144
IMG 0146
IMG 0148
IMG 0150
IMG 0152

I ran out of trellis for a couple of side section but have fixed that since pics were taken.

HydroGuy

HydroGuy

Not sure if anyone is still watching but I'll post at least one more update on them. This week we are really seeing some oil production on the plants and the flowers are really developing! I can't put my arm in the canopy without all of my hair sticking together haha. These are pics from when the lights first come on. I like to stagger the timers to achieve a little bit of a sunrise/sunset effect.
Day 27 flower
IMG 0168
IMG 0172
IMG 0174

IMG 0176
Eastwind

Eastwind

Not sure if anyone is still watching but I'll post at least one more update on them. This week we are really seeing some oil production on the plants and the flowers are really developing! I can't put my arm in the canopy without all of my hair sticking together haha. These are pics from when the lights first come on. I like to stagger the timers to achieve a little bit of a sunrise/sunset effect.
Day 27 flower
View attachment 643443 View attachment 643445 View attachment 643446

That is some impressive growth since the last photos ! If ya don't mind, keep the updates coming till chopping time. I'd like to see the colas size & width when you bring flower to a close. Cheers !!

HydroGuy

HydroGuy

Thanks everyone! I made some adjustments for this run and things seem to be paying off. It's definitely going to be my best harvest out of this room. One thing I changed was I replaced shooting powder for MOAB. I have kept ec lower and did more frequent water change outs. I also dropped multi zen and have attempted to simplify my nutrients. I changed my vert bulbs to 10,000k metal halide after researching and finding the deep blue spectrum helps with oil production in plants. From first hand experience on this run I can see that branches getting hit with new mh bulbs are substantially sticker and frosty.
I appreciate all the support farmers! I'm always trying to improve feel free to ask questions, give advice or opinions. I'm always interested in a good hydro discussion.

Top Bottom