Rdwc 10k Watts Hps, 2 630 Watt Lec, 6 400 Watt Metal Halide

• Thread starter HydroGuy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Eastwind

Eastwind

Thanks everyone! I made some adjustments for this run and things seem to be paying off. It's definitely going to be my best harvest out of this room. One thing I changed was I replaced shooting powder for MOAB. I have kept ec lower and did more frequent water change outs. I also dropped multi zen and have attempted to simplify my nutrients. I changed my vert bulbs to 10,000k metal halide after researching and finding the deep blue spectrum helps with oil production in plants. From first hand experience on this run I can see that branches getting hit with new mh bulbs are substantially sticker and frosty.
I appreciate all the support farmers! I'm always trying to improve feel free to ask questions, give advice or opinions. I'm always interested in a good hydro discussion.
Hey man, what shooting powder can you recommend?

HydroGuy

HydroGuy

Thanks. I would like to fatten them up as much as possible in the these last few weeks...If I might ask a beginners question...why not just feed more of my Bloom, which is a P&K boost with low N? Not the same thing?
You can do that when using all in one type nutrients but it is more optimal to be able to lower base nutes and increase boosters based on what stage plants are at and how they are feeding. Basically it just allows more control over your nutrient solution.

HydroGuy

HydroGuy

Bet it smells divine in there man! Orange groves comes to mind! Lol! Awesome work man gunna be a bumper harvest!
Thanks man! Yeah the agent orange is a wonderful smell and great yielder. My girl says I smell like a skunk and case or oranges got ran over at the same time haha. I appreciate the support! I have seen some of your grows on here and really respect your setups. Hopefully after this run I can get some more space. This looks like my best one out of this room for me

HydroGuy

HydroGuy

Subbed. . Looks awesome... You have a doser? Or do you add nutes by hand every day?
Nope by hand every day haha but I like spending time with my ladies. It's not really a big deal I just mix up my rez and pump nutrient solution in. Next run I'm planning on hooking up a top off rez I'm just a little skeptical of dosers and they are expensive! Not really a necessary cost in my opinion unless you have a massive warehouse.

HydroGuy

HydroGuy

I completely forgot to post my finishing pics and totals. I have been busy setting up a couple new rooms. But total I got 20.5# out of this room which was my best total yield out of this room yet! Quality was also better which I attribute to running a single strain and the metal halide verts. I'm not much of a camera man but you guys get the idea. These were a few days before harvest when the lights first come on. Tops were falling over everywhere haha.
IMG 0325
IMG 0339
IMG 0341
IMG 0347
IMG 0351

HydroGuy

HydroGuy

If you guys wanna check out my new room take a look at my new thread called "organic glue". 4 630 lec's and all organic nutrients. Ill be updating this thread soon with new hydro pics. Here is the new room still needs a few more things to be hooked up but looks good.
20170118 223703

HydroGuy

HydroGuy

Yeah from what i have seen they are awesome. Pretty expensive light setups but quality is definitely top notch just hoping to see some good yields with them as well. I was attracted to them for there output compared to power usage. My hydro system takes up most of my power so i couldnt use much power for the new rooms.

HydroGuy

HydroGuy

Changed a few things up for this run trying to dial the room in better. I pulled the 2 lecs out for another room but i added 2 more 400 watt verts. I also purchased a big boy dehumidifier the quest 215! This will be hooked up outside the room through ducting but sadly right now its just a very expensive table. All vertical and overhead lights were spaced out to be more even through the room. Today is day 21 of veg which normally would be flip day but ran out of cal mag and money so they are a few days behind. Ill be picking more cal mag up tomorrow so plants should get back on track. Ceiling plastic is a little ripped up from moving lights around but we are still getting all the new rooms going so i have been a little behind.

On a side not have you guys sprayed calmag before? I didnt get a close up pic but im definitely deficient. I wanted to try spraying it to see if plants respond quicker.
20170123 203437
20170123 203500

20170123 203437
HydroGuy

HydroGuy

20170123 203951

Thats my 3000$ table haha. She will be hooked up soon though waiting on humidistat and ducting so it can be mounted outside the room. I have been drooling over this quest 215 for awhile very expensive unit but it only pulls the power of a 70 pint dehumidifier so it will pay for itself in electrical savings. I have been using 3 70 pints that run constantly in flower.

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

View attachment 662344
Thats my 3000$ table haha. She will be hooked up soon though waiting on humidistat and ducting so it can be mounted outside the room. I have been drooling over this quest 215 for awhile very expensive unit but it only pulls the power of a 70 pint dehumidifier so it will pay for itself in electrical savings. I have been using 3 70 pints that run constantly in flower.
That's a big boy there! And efficient!

S

Sgrowdum

Yeah from what i have seen they are awesome. Pretty expensive light setups but quality is definitely top notch just hoping to see some good yields with them as well. I was attracted to them for there output compared to power usage. My hydro system takes up most of my power so i couldnt use much power for the new rooms.

Hope they work out. I have a buddy about to run a 4 CMH light vertical grow so I'll be anxious to see the quality.

HydroGuy

HydroGuy

Hope they work out. I have a buddy about to run a 4 CMH light vertical grow so I'll be anxious to see the quality.
Yeah for this room i gotta stay with hps/mh combo. The cmh bulbs just dont have the penetration i need in this room due to how thick the canopy gets. As soon as they come out with a cmh vertical socket that mounts the same way my vertical mh do im changing verts out in this room. Im just a little nervous to put the cmh socket adaptors in a mogul socket. It just doesn't seem safe to me. But the lecs are getting hooked up in my organic room tomorrow!

Latest posts

Top Bottom