Rdwc Add Back Rez

• Thread starter pdasterly
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
pdasterly

pdasterly

i have diy current culture, my question is do i use add back rez? if so whats in the add back rez.

also have hydrologic ro with float, is there a correct way to setup both floats, where should they go?

I was thinking use the add back rez to fill up rdwc system on a float and run the hydrologic float inside the add back rez, im stuck. thanks for looking

pdasterly

pdasterly

my r/o water comes out at 0 ppm and 6.5ph. should i just put the hydrologic float on the rdwc rez and use the add back rez for nutrient change outs? It take 6 1/2 hours to fill up rdwc system with ro1000 from hydrologic

i have a ph doser, Milwaukee MC720 pH Controller with MP810 Dosing Pump Kit

OldManRiver

OldManRiver

my r/o water comes out at 0 ppm and 6.5ph. should i just put the hydrologic float on the rdwc rez and use the add back rez for nutrient change outs? It take 6 1/2 hours to fill up rdwc system with ro1000 from hydrologic

i have a ph doser, Milwaukee MC720 pH Controller with MP810 Dosing Pump Kit
I don't have enough context here. I use a reservoir just to top of the nute solution with fresh water. You don't want nutes in this, as you should have your full load of nutes in the main system. As the plant uses water, it doesn't take up nutes in proportion to the water it uses. If you put nutes in the addback water, you will pump up your ppm's unintentionally. I switch nutes when the main tank's ppm's drop below where I like it. Every two weeks works pretty well for me.

pdasterly

pdasterly

i have this, it puts out 0 ppm and 6.5ph water, should i just use this instead of add back rez?
It has a float option
https://www.hydrologicsystems.com/collections/reverse-osmosis/products/evolution-ro1000

i have this also, keeps ph in check

I don't have enough context here. I use a reservoir just to top of the nute solution with fresh water. You don't want nutes in this, as you should have your full load of nutes in the main system. As the plant uses water, it doesn't take up nutes in proportion to the water it uses. If you put nutes in the addback water, you will pump up your ppm's unintentionally. I switch nutes when the main tank's ppm's drop below where I like it. Every two weeks works pretty well for me.

Latest posts

Top Bottom