Rdwc Advice

• Thread starter breedwheel
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
breedwheel

breedwheel

I made the mistake of putting two different autoflowers into a three 5 gal bucket RDWC. They are both 68 days old. The strawberry gum is a beast and doing beautiful--the amnesia super dark green leaves curling and quit growing after starting to bud out nicely. I believe its nitrogen toxicity. Either way they aren't getting along with the same nutes so I had to split them up.
The Strawberry now has her own reservoir with a good pump that I have two hoses circulating the water. Have one just straight hitting the water and one going through the clay stones. I am worried about oxygen.
With the Amnesia I put her in her own bucket with just straight pH H2O with a large air pump and two large air stones.
I have only grown one auto before and not in dwc so I am searching for wisdom and advice on what to do with the Amnesia. My understanding is it should flush itself out pretty quick. My plan was to go back to late flowering nutes and a lower ppm. I am relatively a novice but would say it has two weeks minimum--not sure especially with these autos.
Rdwc advice
Rdwc advice
Rdwc advice 2
Rdwc advice 3

Been using GH flora trio 80% strength, calmag, hydroguard, and last res change Hawaiian Bloom PK booster (I am not giving that back to Amnesia). I do also battle high res temps if you consider 74-76 high.
First two pics are my sickly Amnesia. I am excited about the last pic of strawberry--she wont quit stretching and is developing lots of nice bud sites. Breeders info on both plants said they would be done in two days. As I said earlier I am worried about my oxygen levels too. Have always done overkill with pumps and airstones.
Comments or suggestions from anyone will be greatly appreciated. Thanks all

OldManRiver

OldManRiver

Have you backed off the strength on the unhappy plant? I'd cut the strength by at least a quarter. 74-76* is fine if you have plenty of air going in. Be careful of adding lots of stuff. The GH trio I have already has cal-mag, that's unnecessary. Check the labels. I'd be wary of the booster, too. I use just the GH trio, with excellent results. You don't need anything more. I run at no more than 75% chart strength.

Top Bottom