Rdwc Air Pump Size?

• Thread starter SoLowDolo
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
SoLowDolo

SoLowDolo

What's up guys, I am currently building my own RDWC system and I'm worried the air pump I have might be too small. It is 20W, 45 L/min.

My system is a 6 bucket system with 1 control bucket. They are each 4 gallons. Will that be big enough? How do you figure out what size you need?

Here's a pic
Rdwc air pump size

Last edited:
Fangthane

Fangthane

Here's what I used for a 4-bucket setup with pneumatically driven drip rings.
New Bitmap Image

It was powerful enough to run the 4 drip rings and 4 bubble stones to keep nutrient solution aerated - but just barely good enough. If you're only planning on running a diffuser inside each bucket, it seems like your should be fine.

Nobody116

Nobody116

I used to run one of these with like a 12 valve manifold. It got noisy after a few years... and drops :(
4364B61A E1FF 46BC A91E 02F8E9EEF3DA

I never did get around to seeing if I could fix it. It works, just noisy as hell.

Now that I’m running hydro again, I went with two of these for my buckets.
80D9551F 2B9F 4BB0 9F50 608B21FA358E

7446215C E716 433B 8466 503544078ECC

And a smaller pump for my cloning bucket.

By comparison, (memory), the old pump was pushing way more air than the new pumps. The plants seem to think it’s sufficient though. I’m also using five gallon buckets, so I have a little more soup than you as well.

Oh, that 256gal/p/h rating. Divide that by four. It’s a four outlet pump.

Just as an added note, I’m not using drip rings. I just circulate the nute solution from the res through each bucket back to the res. The res is automatically topped off with RO from another res. I just monitor ppm & ph. Move the lights up periodically, and train branches as needed ;)

Indiva710

Indiva710

I'm running a alita 60 for my cc 4bucket 8gal rdwc for veg and a alita 120 for bloom that's on x2 27gal rdwc...now I'm closer to being over for bloom but never had a issue and the ladies love it so gna keep it going...I have a active air and general hydroponics 20l that does 9w for my supercloset well just 1x of them not both pumps but they are nice they are dual diaphragm and replaceable too I got my active air for like $40 I believe it was and it's a great lil pump I did run x4 5gal buckets on it when I was in dwc before I switched to rdwc..

Nugg

Nugg

I'd run one 110L... that's what I run on all three of my 4 pot systems.. wait... that's one per systems...and I use the 9" spider air bubbler?? There not stones...like a small rubbery hose?

Top Bottom