Rdwc And Teas.....

• Thread starter EventHorizan
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
EventHorizan

EventHorizan

So i want many opinions, as in, i expect to have differences of opinion, and i don't want anyone clowning on someone else s opinion... That just takes away from the direction of the thread... With that said, and out of the way, here is the 2 things I want to discuss...

1. SEEDING a continuing compost bucket
AND
2.Not changing the system

I read this post and wanted to verify the integrity of the advice. I did not however, post the persons name, as i have no issue with trying to disprove them, quite the contrary, i would like both to be true so i can start implementing them asap! But my instincts is telling me, dont get my hopes up...
So plz, all my buddies, and some of you big boys that dont speak too much, throw in on this one, and make this an awesome post for a lot of newbies that will eat some of this info up! Esp with seeding.

So here is the post,, what do u think?

You won't have to change your nutrients at all. Just follow the ratios recommended by the maker. however, keep them lower than they recommend. The best results I've seen from DWC has been with lower PPM. Ignore the people posting their 2000ppm pics, it stresses the plant. Many growers that have been using this system for years prefer PPM under 600. I run mine under 1000 (prefer the 700-900 range) and I run a couple more additives than them.

Also, I never drain my system anymore until the last week of flowering. In fact myself and many other growers that use compost tea in their deep water system save a lot of money in the long run because we never empty our our systems until we are doing the last week of flush. I just stay at 800-1000 ppm and top off until that the last week of flush. More importantly we get RESULTS. Great taste, yield, healthier plants..etc. You'll love compost tea too.

Seeding your compost tea:
I forgot to mention, you can actually save a lot of money by just SEEDING a compost tea bucket. Because you're just using the humus and castings to "seed" your compost tea and breed the beneficial bacteria that comes from them, if you have a dedicated compost tea bucket you just need to keep it aerated and add food (molases) every couple of days. So you really don't need to buy big bag of worm castings/ humus. You just need to seed your compost bucket once and keep that air pump running 24/7, top off with water, and feed your bacteria as if it was a fish tank. =) It's also cheap.

There is a local hydro store owner that sells her compost tea for over $12 a gallon. She just seeded her large 200 gallon brewer once, and now just adds some molasses and sea kelp twice a week and tops off with water.

Also, I never drain my system anymore until the last week of flowering. In fact myself and many other growers that use compost tea in their deep water system save a lot of money in the long run because we never empty our our systems until we are doing the last week of flush. I just stay at 800-1000 ppm and top off until that the last week of flush.

mandalaman

mandalaman

I've had success with ewc/ogbiowar tea in RDWC. It's helped save my roots before. The only problem I had was early on the pH would run up sometimes.

As far as keeping your Rez the same with the same bennies and not changing it I would just wonder if a certain microbial would take over and if that would necessarily be beneficial. That may not be true though. I'd be curious if anyone has done it and their experience.

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

I've had success with ewc/ogbiowar tea in RDWC. It's helped save my roots before. The only problem I had was early on the pH would run up sometimes.

As far as keeping your Rez the same with the same bennies and not changing it I would just wonder if a certain microbial would take over and if that would necessarily be beneficial. That may not be true though. I'd be curious if anyone has done it and their experience.
i am too... I really want to know... I have read a few times that ppl have just ran without changing out and i wont lie, i go 2 weeks almost all the time... without adding tea...
And i got ogbiowar root and foliar pack, and i brewed up a batch and it made my frost triple! Was very impressed, but i dont want to have to keep buying that shit was $$$$
I want to keep one going 24/7! and feed it like he says above with seeding?
And can a person use ffof or happy frog with molasses to brew tea? it has mycos, and ewc..?

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

and how much tea did u put in your system?

mandalaman

mandalaman

I would put maybe a gallon in through the grow rocks into the Rez.

I don't think you'd wanna brew tea with a soil mix. Maybe you can. But you can just buy a bag of EWC and black strap molasses and brew tea that way.

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

I would put maybe a gallon in through the grow rocks into the Rez.

I don't think you'd wanna brew tea with a soil mix. Maybe you can. But you can just buy a bag of EWC and black strap molasses and brew tea that way.
i got some of all that, but im asking for knowledge... mcguyver knowledge

FennarioMike

FennarioMike

I have a large RDWC and a big top off rez that I mix the next week's strength into. As the plants use it, it eventually steers the chemistry toward the next level. Once it's used up, I mix the following batch.

That said - I run a sterile rez with no organics

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

I have a large RDWC and a big top off rez that I mix the next week's strength into. As the plants use it, it eventually steers the chemistry toward the next level. Once it's used up, I mix the following batch.

That said - I run a sterile rez with no organics
um this is about using beenies... in a dwc system
We are well aware of running sterile.

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

Man where is all the knowledge that is supposed to be here? Ok is there anybody here that runs beenies in there rdwc and do you seed your bucket to keep it going?

And is there any body here that uses beenies, that has rdwc that doesnt change out there syatem for a month or never besides flip and end flush?

FennarioMike

FennarioMike

um this is about using beenies... in a dwc system
We are well aware of running sterile.
I was addressing the point of not changing the solution in an RDWC. I was only explaining why I DIDN'T have the experience to address your questions of bennies. But since it didn't COMPLETELY apply to ALL of your questions - I'll consider myself properly chastised and keep to myself.

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

I was addressing the point of not changing the solution in an RDWC. I was only explaining why I DIDN'T have the experience to address your questions of bennies. But since it didn't COMPLETELY apply to ALL of your questions - I'll consider myself properly chastised and keep to myself.
well go on and and condescending to it, since your trying to imply I was being an asshole, for me trying to keep my thread on point.. No where did i mention sterile.
So i will repeat, the question stated was, does anybody go without changing your system WHILE using beenies, and maintaining a live system...
Thanks for you input...

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

Listen brother no hard feelings, im just wanting to get input from ppl with exp with maintaining a live system... we cool?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom