RDWC droopy leafs using RO Water

• Thread starter Michaelmng
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

thanks aqua man when ever you have a chance It would be helpful if you could share with me the science side of cropsalt to determine if it makes since in RDWC to run such high ppms
I wouldnt be able to share the science much as they probably have proprietary mixes and im a high school drop out lol. But ratios play a big part since they affect the availability of eachother. Its more the ratios that determines the ppm you need to run.

A higher N ratio generally means you run a lower ppm and a lower N ratio means higher ppm.

This is partially why you see a generally lower ppm in veg and a higher ppm in flower. N has an impact on water uptake. To a point higher N increase transpiration rates.

It really depends on the ratios and makeup of the fertilizer. The more additives in it the higher the ppm also. Say if they incorporate silica, fulvics, humics etc.

Generally we set our ratios where we want and the feed based on N. ideally around 100-120ppm of N

@Dr.Green55 if he doesn’t mind may be able to explain more on how this all works. In terms of nutrient knowledge im a fledgling compared to some of the folks around here.

Dr.Green55

Dr.Green55

I can't speak about cropsalts never used them never looked into them, I took a look at the GA on the package there maybe a few things I'd like to look at closer, but I would really need to put it in hydrobuddy and see what the individual ppm's and ratio's look like, it looks like a standard one size fits all kinda of deal.

Aqua is 100% right a good solution is all about ratio's far more so then overall Ion's or EC , Those ratio's will be set by all the external factors in your room, like medium, lighting intensity transpiration co2, temp RH etc all those factors and more will dictate how much nutrients and at what ratio's the plant will want them, and if your nutrients are not in balance thats how you get excess, deficiency's lockout etc more so then overall EC effect.

So if i'm building a solutions I start with N I'll set that off of my lighting intensity transpiration co2, I'll then set Ca, I generally always run Ca at or above N it gives you a buffer so to say on N tox. but the more N you run like 160+ the closer that ratio's will be 1:1 the less N you run the more Ca you will need, the more N you have the more mass flow you will have, meaning you'll carry more water, water carries Ca, less N the less water flow less Ca carried so the need far more Ca in the solution, K will be set from there, In veg maybe 1.5-2 K to 1N in flower 2.5shK to 1N, So to much K screws with Ca, it hinders its uptake, So a lot of the time its not Calcium issue as its a K issues, the wrong thing to do is add more Ca you want to drop K, one way to set K in veg is look at the new growth, up your k in small amounts, until the new leaves are narrowing and paling /yellowing at this point your k is hindering your Ca back off K a bit, In flower most of the time dark foliage is K antagonizing Ca, because everyone bumps K up to high, its not an N issues,but if you reduce N and Ca along with it, your making the Ca deficiency worse, you need to drop K, to much N or K also gives what we call cow hide leaves, a leathery feeling leaf, or darker buds, the balance of these 3 should give you really nice bright white hairs and bright buds/colas. the ratio of thee 3 can also greatly change morphology. Mg will fall in 2.5 to 2.8 to Ca .P 55-66ish depending on your other, numbers, to much P can build up quick as its slower uptake, low P has negative effects on micro's as it carries them, FE 2.8 to 3 for cannabinoid and terpene syntheses, S really has no negative effects at higher ppm. there is far more interactions then that, but thats a brief over view of the ratio's and how important they are to have as optimal as you can get them. For me once I have my solution to where I want it in my environment I run it 1.6 to 2.5 ec from clone, to veg and flower. without any over feeding.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I can't speak about cropsalts never used them never looked into them, I took a look at the GA on the package there maybe a few things I'd like to look at closer, but I would really need to put it in hydrobuddy and see what the individual ppm's and ratio's look like, it looks like a standard one size fits all kinda of deal.

Aqua is 100% right a good solution is all about ratio's far more so then overall Ion's or EC , Those ratio's will be set by all the external factors in your room, like medium, lighting intensity transpiration co2, temp RH etc all those factors and more will dictate how much nutrients and at what ratio's the plant will want them, and if your nutrients are not in balance thats how you get excess, deficiency's lockout etc more so then overall EC effect.

So if i'm building a solutions I start with N I'll set that off of my lighting intensity transpiration co2, I'll then set Ca, I generally always run Ca at or above N it gives you a buffer so to say on N tox. but the more N you run like 160+ the closer that ratio's will be 1:1 the less N you run the more Ca you will need, the more N you have the more mass flow you will have, meaning you'll carry more water, water carries Ca, less N the less water flow less Ca carried so the need far more Ca in the solution, K will be set from there, In veg maybe 1.5-2 K to 1N in flower 2.5shK to 1N, So to much K screws with Ca, it hinders its uptake, So a lot of the time its not Calcium issue as its a K issues, the wrong thing to do is add more Ca you want to drop K, one way to set K in veg is look at the new growth, up your k in small amounts, until the new leaves are narrowing and paling /yellowing at this point your k is hindering your Ca back off K a bit, In flower most of the time dark foliage is K antagonizing Ca, because everyone bumps K up to high, its not an N issues,but if you reduce N and Ca along with it, your making the Ca deficiency worse, you need to drop K, to much N or K also gives what we call cow hide leaves, a leathery feeling leaf, or darker buds, the balance of these 3 should give you really nice bright white hairs and bright buds/colas. the ratio of thee 3 can also greatly change morphology. Mg will fall in 2.5 to 2.8 to Ca .P 55-66ish depending on your other, numbers, to much P can build up quick as its slower uptake, low P has negative effects on micro's as it carries them, FE 2.8 to 3 for cannabinoid and terpene syntheses, S really has no negative effects at higher ppm. there is far more interactions then that, but thats a brief over view of the ratio's and how important they are to have as optimal as you can get them. For me once I have my solution to where I want it in my environment I run it 1.6 to 2.5 ec from clone, to veg and flower. without any over feeding.
Man thats a great post

Top Bottom