RDWC Droopy Plants - Week 2

• Thread starter Lilmink
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Lilmink

Lilmink

Four plants in my system. 40 gallons total. I have a chiller, I use hydroguard and orca. FloraSeries Nutrients.
Ppm 350
Water temp 65
Air temp 78
pH 5.7

Started as clones with large root balls , very healthy. Added to system 6 days ago. One is happy as a clam the rest are very droopy and curled leaves. They all have great root growth at this point and have just touched the water with one or several roots.

Rdwc droopy plants   week 2
Rdwc droopy plants   week 2 2
Rdwc droopy plants   week 2 3
Rdwc droopy plants   week 2 4
Rdwc droopy plants   week 2 5
Rdwc droopy plants   week 2 6
Last edited:
OldManRiver

OldManRiver

Are your airstones big enough, and working? I confess, I'm reaching. They look overwatered, but that shouldn't happen in that system. If you were drenching them with water that wasn't aerated, maybe that could do that.

smokedareefer

smokedareefer

Four plants in my system. 40 gallons total. I have a chiller, I use hydroguard and orca. FloraSeries Nutrients.
Ppm 350
Water temp 65
Air temp 78
pH 5.7

Started as clones with large root balls , very healthy. Added to system 6 days ago. One is happy as a clam the rest are very droopy and curled leaves. They all have great root growth at this point and have just touched the water with one or several roots.
Are they in a rockwool cube and where's the water level

Lilmink

Lilmink

Are your airstones big enough, and working? I confess, I'm reaching. They look overwatered, but that shouldn't happen in that system. If you were drenching them with water that wasn't aerated, maybe that could do that.
Massive 8 inch air stones connected to 100w air pump , one in each tote, I thought that should be enough.

If I do too water I was taking it from the res (which is aerated) but I only did that a few days.

Cashmeh

Cashmeh

Imma say overfeeding. Bright red stems, heavy leafs. As for the stringy growth, could be genetics and not enough light. What is lux(Google play app) for those plants?

Id cut your nutrients in half.... Im feeding 300ppm and mine are 5x their size lol..

Smokey0418

Smokey0418

Maybe something in pot, have you been pouring a cup or two off your concentrate through your stone each week?

Lilmink

Lilmink

Could it be not enough nutrients? Bumped the ppm to 700 and there all loving it. No nute burn or anything.

Smokey0418

Smokey0418

Sorry missed the drip lines. Just setting one of these up.
By far an expert on dwc but have read a ton.
Have most of my chiller components and thought 68 would be a very sweet spot , as some thought any cooler wasn’t better.
I would be very careful doubling up like that , they turn quite quick on these systems.

You ask if your nutes are low, what’s your plant say other than I don’t look to good.

Your ppm yesterday compared to today. what does it do and the ph , what’s it doing.

Cashmeh

Cashmeh

Just measure your ppms, dont add anything, wait 4 hrs and measure it again. If your ppms are climbing your overfeeding it. Which is the problem. If they are dropping slowly then your fine. It's very very hard to underfeed in hydro. You will have more luck underfeeding VS over. But again your plants tell you so let us know what your plant is telling you.

I would need the lux info and light info.

Root pics help too

Cashmeh

Cashmeh

Have your plants gotten better with the increase?
Im gonna bet they dont. I would say the nutrient mix is wrong or the ppm meter is bad, because this plant is overfed.

This individual is on multiple other websites asking for help. Ive tried aiding there but they always follow advice that I feel is counter productive.

The op said originally that there were 4 plants, and one of them was fine. Then listed 4 pictures, yet none of them are fine . . . .

When your plants are fed properly, which most call underfeeding in hydro, the stems will be green, not red. Overfeeding causes the entire stem to be red, its pushing to much through it, and it will actually cause alot of other issues as seen in the pictures above. I dont know how they are mixing their nutrients or if they are using RO, but this seems like an easy fix.

Use RO water and drop your ppms down to 200. . . please

You can also have your starting cubes submerged at this point. The more water in your system, the less you have to mess with it.

Im at day 50 from seed, entering flower, and my ppms are 300 lol. . .72 water temps. . .My plants are stoopid big too lol. . always beyond my expectations

Last edited:
brotherfrombelgium

brotherfrombelgium

That has absolutely nothing do with air stones.

Have you ever tried aeroponic cloning?

Aeroponics shows that airstones are a waste of time pure and simple, still can't believe in 2021 people are still using these things.

But as i always say each to their own.

Latest posts

Top Bottom