Rdwc nutes

• Thread starter Neverfold420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
N

Neverfold420

Kinda of having a anxiety attack.
Lol, I have a rdwc 4 site in 8 gallon buckets a 40 gallon res. I have week one nutes in system and week two nutes in res. After that I'm lost. do have to drain out the whole system to replenish nutes? Or how does that work? I know rookie question gotta learn sooner than later.

Rdwc nutes
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Kinda of having a anxiety attack.
Lol, I have a rdwc 4 site in 8 gallon buckets a 40 gallon res. I have week one nutes in system and week two nutes in res. After that I'm lost. do have to drain out the whole system to replenish nutes? Or how does that work? I know rookie question gotta learn sooner than later.
You probably won't need a res change for 2-3 weeks. A res change is done to ensure your nutrient ratios stay balance since plants don't take up nutrients in the exact same ratio that we feed them. Unless you make a mistake and need a res change a good rule of thumb is do a res change once you have added back the total amount of your system. By this I mean the actual volume of water in your system eg. A 5gal pail usually equates to about 4actual gal of water in an RDWC system. Once you add back the actual water volume of the system do a res change. So basically the res change frequency increases as the plants get bigger

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

So never drain water in system.
I do mine differently but yes you need to drain the water. So think of it this way you fill up your 50gal system say 500ppm nutes. Plants drink 5gal a day and I can tell ya they will probably drink more depending on how big you let them get. So each day your adding back 5 gal of replacement water and nutrients. Once you have reached 50gal of add back you drain the whole system and start fresh. This is because nutrient ratios will constantly change as the plants eat. Now some prefer to just do weekly water changes and that's also ok but I find it to be more wasteful than needed.

I didn't get into the ppm thing but if you need help on just ask

N

Neverfold420

Ok when adding back do I mix up enough nutes for the amount adding back? And thanks I go to sleep thinking about growing wake up think about. Some one could be conversation about a death in the familiy I'll chime in I figured it out ... Something about growing ... Lol a real passion. Thanks for all the help

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Ok when adding back do I mix up enough nutes for the amount adding back? And thanks I go to sleep thinking about growing wake up think about. Some one could be conversation about a death in the familiy I'll chime in I figured it out ... Something about growing ... Lol a real passion. Thanks for all the help
Haha I can relate to that, here is how i do it but there are a few ways that work.

I mix and adjust my nutes daily. Take a ppm reading of the water before adding anything back this will give you an indication of how much the plants are eating vs drinking and if you need to raise or lower the strength of your nutrient solution. When plants are small you will see little change as they get bigger you will see more change. If the ppm is slightly rising that's about where i like it. If its rising a fair bit you know you nutrients are to strong, if its dropping you know they are to weak.

Add water back to the system and give it 5 to 10 min to mix. Then take another ppm reading and this will show you exactly how much the plants are eating each day. This info is comes in handy because if the plants stop eating or are eating less you know there is a possible issue to start looking for.

After that i add nutes directly to the res and wait 5-10 min to check ppm and make sure it where i want it. For the first week or 2 you can probably just add water back and things won't change much and you wont need to add much water if at all. Its takes some practice to get an idea of how much nutes to add back but it doesn't take long until you will be pretty much able to do it blindfolded

If you were running an auto top off it would be different but that's how i do it

N

Neverfold420

Haha I can relate to that, here is how i do it but there are a few ways that work.

I mix and adjust my nutes daily. Take a ppm reading of the water before adding anything back this will give you an indication of how much the plants are eating vs drinking and if you need to raise or lower the strength of your nutrient solution. When plants are small you will see little change as they get bigger you will see more change. If the ppm is slightly rising that's about where i like it. If its rising a fair bit you know you nutrients are to strong, if its dropping you know they are to weak.

Add water back to the system and give it 5 to 10 min to mix. Then take another ppm reading and this will show you exactly how much the plants are eating each day. This info is comes in handy because if the plants stop eating or are eating less you know there is a possible issue to start looking for.

After that i add nutes directly to the res and wait 5-10 min to check ppm and make sure it where i want it. For the first week or 2 you can probably just add water back and things won't change much and you wont need to add much water if at all. Its takes some practice to get an idea of how much nutes to add back but it doesn't take long until you will be pretty much able to do it blindfolded

If you were running an auto top off it would be different but that's how i do it
I run a gravity fed res behind wall

IMG 20191030 223939
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Just top off when system reaches certain lvl it drips into system .
Just mix it at the same strength to start. Test the ppm daily and if its rising lower the ppm of that res accordingly when filling it up, if its falling raise the ppm. This is of course withing reason and some drift is to be expected

N

Neverfold420

no no dude your good and asking the right questions
Aquaman thanks. I want to be great ... Better than those who grew before me I want to set way of life in stone where I live here in the mittin. I see the people who I tend to how happy they are... Joyous and filled with relief... That peice of happy I gave them. That's why I put my blinders on and hone in on growing. I'm new to growing and to date I'm over 12 grand in equipment. Any issues, I figure out what it is, go out buy what is needed no matter the price. I'm a man who put all my cards In, cashed out and put all on line. I have no choice but to make it and be great but humble knowing everyone who gave advice and helped was part of a growing lifestyle and legacy. This has to feed family and grow into a mature business and who knows change the way of growing to the next lvl tweeking different aspects of growing and throwing own spin on shit. Running the many different variables and eliminating risk factors through trial and error.
Cause, effect
Choice , consequence
Action, reaction.
Sorry a lot is on line for me. I will change the game and help a lot of growers. Was gonna say hopefully, but to know something there is no need to hope for it any longer but just live you path and let it play out.
Thanks for reading my thoughts.

Latest posts

Top Bottom