Rdwc Top Feed Question

• Thread starter StonedBlue
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
StonedBlue

StonedBlue

Disabled Vet
Supporter
I think I've changed my mind and am strongly considering rdwc. I realize that you don't need a Drip system but think that I'd like to use one initially until roots grow. What I don't understand is how you plumb it. Does it require a second pump to push water to the Drippers? I also see some systems use an air pump for that? How does that work?

tobh

tobh

Supporter
The DWC systems with an air pump use the concept of air rising to carry water up a second tube to the drip rings. I forget what the theory is called, it's definitely modular, one pump to one bucket. Could see a series of those buckets ran off some pipe from a decent sized air pump though. Couldn't tell you how to plumb for drip rings though.

Lyfespan

Lyfespan

drop another pump in your rez and plumb to each bucket

F

FooDoo

A somewhat easier but more labor intensive solution would be just a pump and hose. Drop a pump in the rez and water each girl thru the hose by hand. Would only take about 5 seconds per plant

keiksweat

keiksweat

One pump in res,branching off to drip lines to each unit.and automatically return to res through bottom pipes.seperate air pump for air stones.works lovely.

Top Bottom