RDWC Vortex water : New build, any other ideas guys !?

• Thread starter Zoneshityee
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Zoneshityee

Zoneshityee

Hi all good morning ! So about done with this new system, the res isnt shown, havent ran it yet, just made sure there were no leaks. New to growing and I keep having annoying issues, especially in the res !! So I built this :D insulation will keep water way colder! Nice thick reflective and styrofoam 😁 super easy quick disconnects! So tired of having to pull the damn hoses off the barbed tips😡🤣 .. drip ring around the netpot tops flush and the reflective cover will keep stem base safe since last time I ruined my freakin harvest by these root issues and stem rot !! The reflective onto protects nice! Will attach those pics later need to find them just thought of that as an afterthought lol anyway, what do you guys think !?
Any improvements you can think of before I fire it up!?

Also I was thinking about selling these entire setups as 2 or 4 bucket w res and all needed parts put together pretty much.. let me.know if anyone is interested 👌👍

Zoneshityee

Zoneshityee

Forgot these pics lol.. I wrote over products label, dont want to promote or infringe on their stuff, but I bought a light and got the stickers, might as well use it :D

Screenshot 20210111 093805 Gallery
20210111 090141
20210111 085625
20210111 085547
Zoneshityee

Zoneshityee

@SpiderFarmerLED I will make another setup with your company stickers for a light and we can do a give away of that completed system next system next ? :D

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Those drain lines are gonna plug up with roots. I would recommend greatly increasing the return line size for a few reasons. Did you calculate the flow rate of the pump and the diameter of the return lines? Could also cause sites to overflow.

Just thinking outloud

Zoneshityee

Zoneshityee

Hi @Aqua Man ,

Hmm i was thinking about that but also
.. was hoping that you would say that actually because I was wondering if the bottom has that cover like it does and theres the inline filter and pressure regulator outsides as well as the swirl of the water would keep root away ???? And no I did not do any type of calculations with size.. was trying to look for ideas but didnt come across what I wanted.. wanted to see best location for the plumbing to go and sizes, but failed so I kinda looked at designs on Amazon and made this lol..
Are there diagrams and such somewhere ??

tobh

tobh

Supporter
I agree with @Aqua Man as I'm now fighting exactly what he said -- roots clogging the drains and have already had one minor flood incident. I'm in first week of flower, so have another 8-9 weeks of battling to keep the roots from completely botching the drains again, albeit I'm in a different system.

For RDWC, I imagine a minimum of 1" is mandatory. 2" closer to ideal, 3" being ideal. Obviously, cost goes up with size, somewhat exponentially (3" bulkheads are $20 a piece).

Otherwise, I'm curious to see how this performs, in terms of keeping solution temps reasonable and whatnot.

Zoneshityee

Zoneshityee

Hi @tobh ,

Ahh yeah like I shared first for partly this reason lol, can i see your setup ??

Zoneshityee

Zoneshityee

Oh also, it will perform great, about 5degree f less than without the cover, and the top cover from my personnal limited experience is going to rock

Zoneshityee

Zoneshityee

My first grow and harvest, stem trashed at bottom, this one though seem much better..

Screenshot 20210111 104324 Gallery
Screenshot 20210111 095139 Gallery
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Hi @Aqua Man ,

Hmm i was thinking about that but also
.. was hoping that you would say that actually because I was wondering if the bottom has that cover like it does and theres the inline filter and pressure regulator outsides as well as the swirl of the water would keep root away ???? And no I did not do any type of calculations with size.. was trying to look for ideas but didnt come across what I wanted.. wanted to see best location for the plumbing to go and sizes, but failed so I kinda looked at designs on Amazon and made this lol..
Are there diagrams and such somewhere ??
There are calculations online im sure.

Zoneshityee

Zoneshityee

Here is my current run, the black bucket is recirculating to another tank behind and the wrapped is standalone.

20210111 111344
20210111 090803
tobh

tobh

Supporter
Hi @tobh ,

Ahh yeah like I shared first for partly this reason lol, can i see your setup ??
Sure, you can find a link to my thread in my signature. It's a top fed recirculating DTW system, using rockwool and hydroton in a Dutch Bucket configuration.

Top Bottom