Rdwc Week Of Hell! Posted In 2 Forums & Nothing But Crickets... Anyone Out There?

• Thread starter intheuc
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
EventHorizan

EventHorizan

Dont change it out.. Raise ppm t0 350 and ph to 6.0...
As for changing to another brand of nutes in the m8ddle of a run..
Most deff you can switch to a new line in the middle.. Do a really good job of draining the old out....
U buy a qt of cns17 grow and qt of Si and some beenies and run that a week. If it still wont keep from dropping it then I dont know what to say..

As long as she has her A and B right then they shoukd recover.
Personally I would use beenies and keep the path moving the ph back to 6.0 everytume it hit 5.5..
If you overshoot thats fine as long as you dont go over 6.2
And give it a week...
Are you using gavitas?

chemistry

chemistry

@EventHorizan That's what I would do, stop changing out, and see if resetting the PH over a couple of days will make things settle, aim high, like 6.5PH and see what it drops down to in the morning, some were there is a tipping point, all you have to do is find it though making small adjustments. I aim for around 500ppm when I start a plant off, and part of that is 200ppm of water, so if your water is 0ppm, that means no trace elements of Mag or Cal, so you need to add some to your mix.

intheuc

intheuc

U buy a qt of cns17 grow and qt of Si and some beenies and run that a week. If it still wont keep from dropping it then I dont know what to say..

As long as she has her A and B right then they shoukd recover.
Personally I would use beenies and keep the path moving the ph back to 6.0 everytume it hit 5.5..
If you overshoot thats fine as long as you dont go over 6.2
And give it a week...
Are you using gavitas?

Nope, I don't have enough ceiling height for them and I'm not a fan of them because I like metal halides during veg... I use galaxy ballasts & Agrotec hoods with hortilux bulbs (1000w metal halide and hps mix).

intheuc

intheuc

@EventHorizan That's what I would do, stop changing out, and see if resetting the PH over a couple of days will make things settle, aim high, like 6.5PH and see what it drops down to in the morning, some were there is a tipping point, all you have to do is find it though making small adjustments. I aim for around 500ppm when I start a plant off, and part of that is 200ppm of water, so if your water is 0ppm, that means no trace elements of Mag or Cal, so you need to add some to your mix.

I do add Calmag alongside UC Roots (doesn't affect PH) and grow A & grow B and I'm still at a 5.8 by the time I'm done. I wish I would've added a silica or something that would help swing it up but I can't risk adding it into the epicenter and defeating its purpose if it doesn't blend well into the existing solution.

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

I do add Calmag alongside UC Roots (doesn't affect PH) and grow A & grow B and I'm still at a 5.8 by the time I'm done. I wish I would've added a silica or something that would help swing it up but I can't risk adding it into the epicenter and defeating its purpose if it doesn't blend well into the existing solution.
When you add nutes to the epicenter do u just dump in?
Or do you mix A in a qt mason jar, then add.. Wait 10 mins and mix B in a mason jar then add... Calmag same way and add it first... Sry im at work so prob wont be able to respond till later...

intheuc

intheuc

When you add nutes to the epicenter do u just dump in?
Or do you mix A in a qt mason jar, then add.. Wait 10 mins and mix B in a mason jar then add... Calmag same way and add it first... Sry im at work so prob wont be able to respond till later...

Don't worry about delays in responses, I understand. I mix in a 5 gallon bucket and add back slowly. I actually wait 20 minutes. I just connected the top off too and getting ready to fill it too. I'm going to wait an hour or so before updated you all on the read. By then everything would be pretty well circulated

intheuc

intheuc

I've never used silica. I was going to say clogging. lol

Some lines don't recommend it (CC being one of them). When I was running AN, I used Rhinoskin but added it first and left the barrels alone for about 15-20 minutes. It didn't give me an issue. Many recommend pro-tekt but I've never used it before so I'm not too sure if it's necessary or not but right about now, I sure am missing the upswing in PH it gives lol.

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

I like a few of your suggestions but i wouldnt go up to 6.5 and I wouldnt feed 500 ppm in the Super Aerated UC System..with plants that are sick.
Just my opinion...
Do you got a UC system?

chemistry

chemistry

I like a few of your suggestions but i wouldnt go up to 6.5 and I wouldnt feed 500 ppm in the Super Aerated UC System..with plants that are sick.
Just my opinion...
Do you got a UC system?

No UC System, I grow in DWC, so my plants are separate from each other and only share an air pump, that way I can grow plants that might not like the same conditions. Reason I said 6.5 is due to the drop, it should be some were near 5.8 with the drop after the mix settles for a day.

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

No UC System, I grow in DWC, so my plants are separate from each other and only share an air pump, that way I can grow plants that might not like the same conditions. Reason I said 6.5 is due to the drop, it should be some were near 5.8 with the drop after the mix settles for a day.
Yes dwc you can run 500 ppm and get away with it. I know your prob saying. Dwc, UC, all the same... But it aint.. And the thing that makes it different is the amount of DO in the solution. In your case you prob have .75 lpm/gal where the UC has anywhere from 1 to 1.5

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

Yes dwc you can run 500 ppm and get away with it. I know your prob saying. Dwc, UC, all the same... But it aint.. And the thing that makes it different is the amount of DO in the solution. In your case you prob have .75 lit where the UC has anywhere from 1 to 1.5
Some lines don't recommend it (CC being one of them). When I was running AN, I used Rhinoskin but added it first and left the barrels alone for about 15-20 minutes. It didn't give me an issue. Many recommend pro-tekt but I've never used it before so I'm not too sure if it's necessary or not but right about now, I sure am missing the upswing in PH it gives lol.
Tell me exactly how many ml of A and B and of the other things you are giving per gal ....? .5?

chemistry

chemistry

Yes dwc you can run 500 ppm and get away with it. I know your prob saying. Dwc, UC, all the same... But it aint.. And the thing that makes it different is the amount of DO in the solution. In your case you prob have .75 lit where the UC has anywhere from 1 to 1.5

I'm not sure my plants have full access to the 200ppm from my tap water, I think the hard water slows them down. So your 300ppm suggestion is near bang on, the only real difference I have is that unknown 200ppm trapped in my tap water.

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

I'm not sure my plants have full access to the 200ppm from my tap water, I think the hard water slows them down. So your 300ppm suggestion is near bang on, the only real difference I have is that unknown 200ppm trapped in my tap water.
Right, and we dont know what all is in it. Calcium carbonate which they use to control ph in drinking water maybe?
Im not for sure.. Ive read some articles but at the moment, I fail to correctly remember,,,,

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

Well have you been giving the same amount of A as B?
My bad as I see you deleted that message,, I wait for your new response.

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

here is the thing, 300 ppm may still be too high..
Look at the feed chart for high yield and pro dwc,,
Look at 2nd week ppm..

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

here is the thing, 300 ppm may still be too high..
Look at the feed chart for high yield and pro dwc,,
Look at 2nd week ppm..
I use the pro dwc feed schedule... or I should say it mimics what im doing the closest when it comes to feed schedules..

intheuc

intheuc

I use the pro dwc feed schedule... or I should say it mimics what im doing the closest when it comes to feed schedules..
I deleted it because I was asking you a question that I had the answer to and just didn't have a chance to repost but I mixed .5 part A, .5 Part B, .5 UC roots, and .5 Calmag in a 5 gallon bucket of RO water. I poured it into the epicenter very very slowly and waited in between pours. It took me to 335 and 5.7. This morning, I am at 330 and 5.7 and 2 that were looking prettu yellow, are turning pretty green. I'm pretty shocked as I expected to come down here and see the typical PH drop I'm accustomed to at this point. I usually do a changeout on Saturdays & im strongly considering switching to what you're recommending or adding Silica? I want to start the next feed at a PH of 6.0-6.2. What are your thoughts?

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

I deleted it because I was asking you a question that I had the answer to and just didn't have a chance to repost but I mixed .5 part A, .5 Part B, .5 UC roots, and .5 Calmag in a 5 gallon bucket of RO water. I poured it into the epicenter very very slowly and waited in between pours. It took me to 335 and 5.7. This morning, I am at 330 and 5.7 and 2 that were looking prettu yellow, are turning pretty green. I'm pretty shocked as I expected to come down here and see the typical PH drop I'm accustomed to at this point. I usually do a changeout on Saturdays & im strongly considering switching to what you're recommending or adding Silica? I want to start the next feed at a PH of 6.0-6.2. What are your thoughts?
I think that is a good idea... I use Si to raise ph. With cns17 i can add Si last where GH says u have to use it first.. They actually contradict their own statements. Im at work.. Or i would pull up the feed chart where they contradict themselves...
But i added first and last and no problems.
I say stay with thus ppm and get them healthy and back eating again real good..

intheuc

intheuc

I think that is a good idea... I use Si to raise ph. With cns17 i can add Si last where GH says u have to use it first.. They actually contradict their own statements. Im at work.. Or i would pull up the feed chart where they contradict themselves...
But i added first and last and no problems.
I say stay with thus ppm and get them healthy and back eating again real good..

So far so good, I'm at 330 and 5.8. The signs of stress seam to be disappearing in the ones that were handling the fluctuations better. The 2 that really took a beating are still looking a little rough so only time will tell.

Latest posts

Top Bottom