RDWC White Widow in a toedclip SCROG

• Thread starter stltoed
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
stltoed

stltoed

I started a couple plants (White Widow) a little over a month ago and wanted to share the progress.

I grow in a 50 gallon 2 bucket system under double ended HID. Nutes are Gen Hydro base, 2 different flavors of calmag (1 is Nitro free). Im using both versions of Power Si, Vitamino, Hydroguard, and a couple others.

What I want to show off is the way the plants are scrogged. I've been letting the branches grow through the net, then clipping them to the top instead of the net holding down the branches underneath. Since the branches are free the plant grows stronger faster in a much better environment. Other benefits are the ability to move branches around especially during the stretch, just before flower gets serious. Also, if you like,, the plant can grow up unimpeded and then pulled down to the net later in life so there is less tattered leaves and all that. I'm notorious for "working" on my plants too much, tucking too early, etc. This method is just freer than the typical SCROG. I hope all this makes sense. Heres a video of my room, my rig, and my plants. Oh yeah. I reference another forum in the video, try your best to ignore it

stltoed

stltoed

Howdy.
Here's a quick video on whats going on. Your attention to my first post was overwhelming, thank you. Anyway, the plants in the closet are Candida, a heavy CBD variety with less than 1% THC... im just saying this, because I didn't give any plant details in the video. And the tea I mentioned is from Botanicare. Hope this helps...

stltoed

stltoed

So, the toedclip SCROG...

I always SCROG, i think I've said that. Its an affective way to get a flat canopy and doesn't take much thought. But, it has its issues. I think anyone who has used a SCROG has had problems with last minute adjustments. A branch that has grown too long to easily tuck or the opposite. Branches that should have been left alone but were tucked too much. Ive actually cut the net to free a large branch that was held too far under the net on more than one occasion.

Then there's the tops in relation to the light. Generally, we wind up with the big producing part of the plant pushed to the edges of of the net with the stalk in the middle with the weaker shoots. I want more control over all this. The ability to move branches for any reason, at anytime.

Toedclip gives complete control over all this. You can move a branch from one side of the plant to the other with a little care, or steer your tops back toward the light instead of having your best parts sequestered to the outer edges. All this and the plant is on top of the net in much better environmental/light conditions.

I'm finding the best way to train the plant would be to spread it out as you normally would at the net, using the clips, but then let it grow up unimpeded for 12/20 inches THEN train the branches over and clip them down. Small confession... I tend to over work my SCROG. I tuck, and tuck, whether the branch is ready or not. Leaves get tattered, its just a shitty situation. If I could keep my mitts off for a couple weeks, the plant would grow faster. Then, just push everything over and lock it dow... but im afraid my self control doesn't allow that at this time. Toedclip would make all this so much easier. First, you might have a hard time tucking such longer length branches under a net. Any adjustments would be much easier as ive outlined, but let's say your plant went fucking nuts and stretched into 36 inch branches. A conventional SCROG would be impossible.

I'm still really green to all this. New options are filtering through as I go. But I KNOW there's a benefit here

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Howdy.
Here's a quick video on whats going on. Your attention to my first post was overwhelming, thank you. Anyway, the plants in the closet are Candida, a heavy CBD variety with less than 1% THC... im just saying this, because I didn't give any plant details in the video. And the tea I mentioned is from Botanicare. Hope this helps...

Hmmm thinking about the dry soil... maybe vermiculite?

Top Bottom