RE-AMENDING OLD SOIL WITH BUILD-A-SOIL?!?!?

• Thread starter B_Turtle
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B_Turtle

B_Turtle

I got a couple questions for you organic growers out there. Last years outdoor season I planted 5 plants, each in a 45 gallon fabric pots in Big Rootz soil. I ran Jacks 321 and Tribus by Impello Bioscience (Planning on running Recharge along with Tribus this coming up year) with pretty decent success. This year I would like to switch it up for a more simpler style of growing(organics).My question is could I get away with leaching out my old soil with clean R/O water, then adding about an extra 20% of aeration (Black lava rock) and about 10% compost, 10% worm castings to the used soil and re-amend with one of Build-A-Soil pre-mixed amendments. If so, what re-amend product from Build-A-Soil would you guys choose from? Craft Blend, L.O.V V3 Nutrient & Mineral Mix, Modern Mix V2 or just simply their Re-Amend Old Soil kit?? Mostly looking for something that will be easier to just water with plain water and some compost teas here and there along with some top dressing and of course Recharge!!!!! Any help is deeply appreciated thanks y’all.

Grapefruitroop

Grapefruitroop

Sounds like a very good plan! U can totally reuse your soil even if you used salts the previous run.
Not familiar with buildasoil but i used in the past Agricola 4-8-4 from soilminerals.com , its a all in one organic supermineralized mix made with high brix criteria ....it has also some beneficials in it....its good stuff...works awesome for onlywater programs!
Also you may add some aminos, enzymes and of course Areated Compost Tea!!

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

You can definitely reuse soil in the way you describe, but I can't tell you anything about Build-A-Soil products.

The main issue with reused soil is not knowing what's in it. Also, one old pot of soil can be different than another. Do pH checks of soil slurry, as limestone/dolomite doesn't wash out of soil.

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

Sounds like a very good plan! U can totally reuse your soil even if you used salts the previous run.
Not familiar with buildasoil but i used in the past Agricola 4-8-4 from soilminerals.com , its a all in one organic supermineralized mix made with high brix criteria ....it has also some beneficials in it....its good stuff...works awesome for onlywater programs!
Also you may add some aminos, enzymes and of course Areated Compost Tea!!
We just use recharge and add a bit of fresh soil. I like Roots Organic LUSH. With that and a properly prepared hole, you should not have to feed except 2 or 3 times for the entire grow.

O

Obidai_the_Obtuse

I've been using BAS to reammend my soil but I also add a fair bit of homemade compost. I use the craft blend, Rootwise microbes, 12 seed cover crop, cowoco worm castings build a flower and build a bloom and big 6. I've had good luck so far I also got samples of Dr root, Dr growth, ez tea veg and bloom from cultured biologix. Had some left over d.e.m fat flowers from a previous run

Latest posts

Top Bottom