re-using store bought jars to cure

• Thread starter JodolphBitler
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
JodolphBitler

JodolphBitler

harvest and curing time coming soon. i have a nice 1 gallon jar that looks made to store things. the lid is a deep plastic one. should work nicely. I want to get a 2nd one but dont want to buy one. I do have a 1 gallon pickle jar. will it be ok to cure in. the lids on store bought jars look legit. but are they?

JodolphBitler

JodolphBitler

that a good question. are they airtight after being opened? if the lid seal isn’t damaged of course

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

I don't think anybody properly seals mason jars when curing, you are suppose to open it daily for fresh air anyways.

If you want to store buds long term after they have been dried and cured, then sealing it airtight would be important.

Ponky

Ponky

To store my stash I use an impulse sealer, mylar bags and oxygen absorbing pouches. Once cured then you add the pouch and seal it. For long term storage.

tobh

tobh

Supporter
another cool option that i saw on some youtube video from a dispo in Colorado was that they purge all atmospheric air from their containers with nitrogen before sealing. while it wouldn't be possible to do with store bought jars, for long term setting up a couple of one way valves in the lid of a mason jar might be viable. purge atmospheric air for t seconds/minutes and have essentially a hermetically sealed container of weed that'll be as fresh as the day it was sealed (so long other long term storage parameters are met).

back to the topic, store bought jars will be fine. make sure to rinse the pickle jar super well, unless you want pickle-flavor tainted weed.

william76

william76

another cool option that i saw on some youtube video from a dispo in Colorado was that they purge all atmospheric air from their containers with nitrogen before sealing. while it wouldn't be possible to do with store bought jars, for long term setting up a couple of one way valves in the lid of a mason jar might be viable. purge atmospheric air for t seconds/minutes and have essentially a hermetically sealed container of weed that'll be as fresh as the day it was sealed (so long other long term storage parameters are met).

back to the topic, store bought jars will be fine. make sure to rinse the pickle jar super well, unless you want pickle-flavor tainted weed.
Yea wash it out with washing up liquid,then rinse out with cold water then leave to dry,should be good to go,done it with lots of jars.enjoy the smoke,76

JodolphBitler

JodolphBitler

pickle
weed. a new rare strain 🤣

freezeland2

freezeland2

harvest and curing time coming soon. i have a nice 1 gallon jar that looks made to store things. the lid is a deep plastic one. should work nicely. I want to get a 2nd one but dont want to buy one. I do have a 1 gallon pickle jar. will it be ok to cure in. the lids on store bought jars look legit. but are they?

I’d run that pickle jar through a dishwasher a time or two. I wouldn’t want my hard work to taste or smell of pickles.

Latest posts

Top Bottom