Re-vegging and cloning

• Thread starter hailstone
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
H

hailstone

First of all, sorry if this is subject isn't advanced enough and therefore in the wrong forum.

Anyway, say if I was too dumb to take a clone when the plant was in veg but noticed that it had some desirable qualities during flowering, would re-vegging after harvesting and then taking a clone to make a mother be a good idea?

I've heard that the yields from a re-vegged plant are considerably lower than from the first round. Like only half of the original yield. Is this true?

If that is true, would a clone from a re-vegged plant also yield about half of what a "normal" clone yields? (making the whole operation pointless especially if the desirable quality was good yields)

P

poutpup07

hail

ive had some luck with re-vegging, i duno if i have enough posts to be considered trust worthy in the info dept. but leave a couple buds on the girl <harvest the buds as prematurely as possible> and put it under 24 hours of light...ive had plants that would not re veg no matter what so its all in the genetics...as far as yield being smaller....ive gotten bigger yields from reveg plants because the amount of veg time to take clones and get enough growth on the plant to bud it again. i hope this helps...all in all its the way you treat the plant that will gt you the big yields.
peace
pout

U

ukcheesehead

First of all, sorry if this is subject isn't advanced enough and therefore in the wrong forum.

Anyway, say if I was too dumb to take a clone when the plant was in veg but noticed that it had some desirable qualities during flowering, would re-vegging after harvesting and then taking a clone to make a mother be a good idea?

I've heard that the yields from a re-vegged plant are considerably lower than from the first round. Like only half of the original yield. Is this true?

If that is true, would a clone from a re-vegged plant also yield about half of what a "normal" clone yields? (making the whole operation pointless especially if the desirable quality was good yields)

i found when i re vegged in the past the yeilds were higher not lower .

H

hererisssh

Premium Member
Supporter
but leave a couple buds on the girl <harvest the buds as prematurely as possible> and put it under 24 hours of light...ive had plants that would not re veg no matter what so its all in the genetics...
This is dead on. +1

A healthy clone from a revegged plant should have exactly the same potential as the plant it came from.

If you like the plant you should try to reveg if you have the room and time.

G

grizz

also I have found my plants reveg better under t5 floro's than mh or hps.. when doing multi strain mom hunts reveg is the only way I can go. just way to many clones to keep track of and space restrictions .

H

hailstone

Thanks for the answers everyone. Glad to hear a good mother can be made from a re-vegged plant.

Top Bottom