Ready or Not, Here I Come

• Thread starter maryjanegrow
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

maryjanegrow

Hi guys, looking for some advice for a first time grower. I'm not sure if I should harvest yet or wait another while.
Too be honest I don't really understand the whole trichrome thing and I suppose it doesn't help that I'm coloured blind .
Any advice would much appreciated 🙂
20220615 165125

20220615 165057
20220615 165014
20220615 164934
20220615 164918
20220615 164826
20220615 164807
Garbage_bear

Garbage_bear

It’s not ready. Man being colorblind would be hard to know when to harvest. I would have a friend look at it or just keep posting pics here. Or just grow until it looks like it is “ripe”. Like it may be ending the life cycle.

M

maryjanegrow

It’s not ready. Man being colorblind would be hard to know when to harvest. I would have a friend look at it or just keep posting pics here. Or just grow until it looks like it is “ripe”. Like it may be ending the life cycle.
Ah thanks 👍, I was convinced that I had actually left it too late. Much appreciated 🙏

mancorn

mancorn

Agree with Garbage_bear, too early.

Another way to tell is to wait until your sitting next to your plant and jump up in horror and say “holy shit did that bud get pollinated!” Then after poking the swollen bract with a stick and finding nothing, you know it’s ready.

B77405A0 006E 449F 8F13 EB73649978F8

Last edited:
mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

Color blindness probably doesn't matter. You can figure it out.

But one of the issues people face is they start looking for amber trichs WAY too early. For instance, when you still have white stigmas, don't waste your time looking for amber trichs. They're not there. About a week after all stigmas turn red/brown and shriveled, you can start looking for trichs.

Also, trichs on leaves don't count. Look at the trichs on the bracts.

Mursery

Mursery

Adding in...so we are looking at buds. Tops ripend first. Get a mixed view.

Being colorblind may be harder so alternately you will be identifying what's clear and what's opaque. That should be viewable to you.

We will presume the opaque are cloudy and use this as a general indicator. The majority of them should be opaque in the earlier of general windows (with exceptions...)

Generally as others mentioned you will also see the "hairs" change color but then at the end they actually dry and recind and almost get gobbled into the swelling bud.

This will be another general indicator when you can't propelry scope

Madmax

Madmax

Looks really nice mate.id take off a sample and put it inside your car if its a hot day to dry. Even chop it just a couple times to help it dry and have a couple cones.if it does the trick then when its dried and cured properly she will rip your head off 😃.

Top Bottom