Ready to flip? First time grow

• Thread starter Grajo
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Grajo

Grajo

Growing some bag seed for my first run. It is supposed to be a Jack Herer linage so I am a little concerned bcs I heard those can stretch 5x. 5 gallon super soil pots.

Also experimenting with different training techniques bcs why not on bag seed. Just did my last top on the main-line so I have all 8 nodes. First is LST with 1/2 fans cleared. 2nd is a main-line. 3rd is a FIMM which I am not positive I did right. Feel like the nodes are too tight to really space things out that much.

They ready to flip? 1 more week?

image0.jpg
image0.jpg
image0.jpg
image0.jpg

ArrEll

ArrEll

Growing some bag seed for my first run. It is supposed to be a Jack Herer linage so I am a little concerned bcs I heard those can stretch 5x. 5 gallon super soil pots.

Also experimenting with different training techniques bcs why not on bag seed. Just did my last top on the main-line so I have all 8 nodes. First is LST with 1/2 fans cleared. 2nd is a main-line. 3rd is a FIMM which I am not positive I did right. Feel like the nodes are too tight to really space things out that much.

They ready to flip? 1 more week?

image0.jpg
image0.jpg
image0.jpg
image0.jpg
Just for sake of argument, you CAN flip anytime you like. You can even do it ALL the way...it's called "12/12 From Seed". If you do it early, or do it now, it might reduce your Yield. But I have a tiny 2x2x4 ft grow tent and must keep them small - so I can relate. You should probably let the plant recover from Topping or heavy bending for a week or two, before flipping to 12/12.

Grajo

Grajo

Just for sake of argument, you CAN flip anytime you like. You can even do it ALL the way...it's called "12/12 From Seed". If you do it early, or do it now, it might reduce your Yield. But I have a tiny 2x2x4 ft grow tent and must keep them small - so I can relate. You should probably let the plant recover from Topping or heavy bending for a week or two, before flipping to 12/12.

Yea, I am in a 2x3x6 so space is still an issue but I get some headroom. Only have a 135w light though. I get the 12/12 stuff but more looking to know how much more bud does each node get you? like is there a point where it is all just going to be larf that you defoliate anyways? Main-lining seems like it would have an optimal point. Strains/phenos will very but an avg for most strains is it 3-5 nodes per stem etc? Do more nodes come out in flower or am I stuck with what I have?

If I flipped today am I going to even get an O dry assuming good nutrition (its 1/3rd super soil supposed to be idiot proof)?

Did manage to preflower the first photo which is a whole other issue I am choosing to ignore. Next batch of seeds are all solid genetics and fems.

Top Bottom