Ready to harvest, bud rot, or caterpillars

• Thread starter Firsttimeforeverything
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
F

Firsttimeforeverything

Total newbie here! Been growing these guys (cherry dosido and banjo) for about 3 months now. Put them in a pot outside in June, got them as mere little stems with two leaves from a dispensary. (It’s been a fun journey— they’ve grown so much!)

I only started giving them nutrients about a month in (oops!!) but have been giving them Tiger Bloom ever since.

I have no idea if these are ready to harvest or not. They seem a little small to me to do that yet, but some of the pistols (?) are browning, which I’ve read is a sign to harvest. But, they’ve also been getting eaten by caterpillars (some made it in the pics :P , handpicked a bunch off today, afraid to use insecticide because I love butterflies) and it just rained last week and I didn’t think to put them inside to keep the bud from getting wet. So, I’m wondering if the browning is something more of bud rot from rain or damage from the caterpillars. Or maybe I’m giving the wrong amount of nutrients?
Anyways, I would love advice/thoughts from anyone more experienced!

Ready to harvest bud rot or caterpillars
Ready to harvest bud rot or caterpillars 2
Ready to harvest bud rot or caterpillars 3
Ready to harvest bud rot or caterpillars 5

Ready to harvest bud rot or caterpillars 6

Ready to harvest bud rot or caterpillars 4
nashobaTHC

nashobaTHC

Quick assessment: you’ve got bud rot going on several buds that should be cut out. If you’re seeing caterpillars then there’s caterpillar poop in your buds that you should wash before consuming. If you want anything decent to harvest you should spray with BT (google it) that kills caterpillars. Otherwise you’re looking at many buds going under.

Top Bottom