Ready to harvest?

• Thread starter yankeegirl
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
yankeegirl

yankeegirl

This is my first plant not sure what it is. Is it time to harvest?
31627600 327B 4693 9451 8243E78A473A
31627600 327B 4693 9451 8243E78A473A

DBA08E49 66EB 448B 9F0B BE76ACB68D18
lifewater42

lifewater42

Hello, Great job on your first plants! When trying to determine if a flower is ready to harvest we often consider 3 things. First the color of the pistols. The white hairs all over the plant will begin to turn red, green, brown, purple, pink, and many other colors, they just turn colors. Next is the color of the resin on the tips of the trichomes. They can be seen more easily under a microscope but through the flowering process the resin will remain clear, bearing the end of its maturity the resin will turn a milky white, followed finally by the resin turning amber. Its important to note that not all the resin will turn amber but when most does it's an indicator. Lastly once we have determined our plant is nearing it's time to be harvested we want to begin flushing with just water. Flushing is just using water with no nutrients or additives. This will clear the plant of any salts built up and make the smoke much less harsh and as tasty as it smells right now. We can tell when we have a good flush when the leaves begin to yellow. Happy harvest!🤘🍁🌲

B

Burned Haze

I would always suggest a good usb microscope vs 60x-100x mobiles for all the final harvest choices As a major improvement if you haven’t got that . Just remove a bud when you think it’s time ( look at pistil colors and timing of cycle for estimate ) and then take a .5 gram-1 gram sample ish and check under a usb-computer (tons of brands and they are like 20 bucks if want ) Or phone scope

a big benefit to a better scope is having a IPM examine tool as well, meaning you can examine and take pictures at HD quality and save them and identify what the pest is. So many times before I did this I was wrong and I am so glad I make sure to pest confirm and have a good scope to pest confirm cause your eyes (too many are too small to confirm which species ) and a mobile scope isn’t going to do it when the pest is so darn fast and small.

example of a usb scope, there’s tons of brands on amazon:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06WD843ZM/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_tai_VwmZEbZNJWE55

if you dont know trich/hair color when to harvest

Top Bottom