Ready to make a large purchase, need your opinions...

• Thread starter Surfr
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

Surfr

I am getting ready to make a large purchase and needs some opinions on the gear I am going to get. This order will be for a garden of 10 plants flowering with a perpetual harvest of 5/5... I have listed everything I plan to order. If you have any suggestion for other equipment etc etc please let me know!

GrowLab Horticultural Grow Room - GL290
GL290 Dimensions: 9'6" x 9'6" x 6'7"

1000 Quantum Ballast (Quantity: 2)
600 watt Quantum Ballast (Quantity: 1)

Super Sun 2 Reflector(Quantity: 3)

USHIO HILUX GRO AHS 1000/OPTI-RED 12/CS (Quantity: 2)
USHIO HILUX GRO AMH 600/OPTI-BLUE 6/CS(Quantity:1)

Phresh Filter 8" x 39"

Can MAX Fan 8" - 675 cfm

DPC-7500 Lighting Timer
DPC-7500 240-Volt H.I.D Lighting Controller

That about sums it up. Obviously I will have my nutes and other small things as well. Thanks for any input!

D

DrFrankenstrain

If you have room for a tent you have room to make your own room .. save your money on the tent

lollipopman

lollipopman

get the magnum hoods instead of the super suns....$70 more but worth every bit...

J

Jalisco Kid

You are at 28w/sq' seems a little low if all that space is for growing.JK

M

mellofello

I agree with JK seems a bit low light wise. Also I'm not sure if a single 8" fan will be enough to keep temps down

peace

mello

S

Surfr

I agree with JK seems a bit low light wise. Also I'm not sure if a single 8" fan will be enough to keep temps down

peace

mello

The 2 1k's will be placed over a 4'x8' table.

Where I live I have a hard time trying to keep the plants warm rather than trying to cool them.

true grit

true grit

I'd say either jump up to 4 lights in that space or drop down a tent size to the 9.5x4.5....just my opinion. With 2 1k's in a 4x8 you are at about 50w/sq ft. and even with 4 600's in that big tent you'd be at 55w/sq ft. I had been looking at the 9x9 but opted to go with the 4x8 instead. You could slide in well under your budget and produce well in 4x8...

My list so far for a price comparison-
Tent- 300-500
Light setup- 2 x 450 (each set up includes MagnumXXXL, Sun Harvest Pro Elite 1k, and Agrosun Red 1k)
Fan- 2 x $175
Phresh filter- $160
timers, fans, etc- $150

Total around $1600-$1800 and running solid. Something like this would leave you some room to modify as necessary, stay under budget and allow purchase of good gear, nutes, etc....

S

Surfr

gonna need an A/C unit for sure,probably another $500 min.

No AC needed where I live. At night the average temps are in the 20's if not lower and during the summer it will never get above 50 at night.

I'd say either jump up to 4 lights in that space or drop down a tent size to the 9.5x4.5....just my opinion. With 2 1k's in a 4x8 you are at about 50w/sq ft. and even with 4 600's in that big tent you'd be at 55w/sq ft. I had been looking at the 9x9 but opted to go with the 4x8 instead. You could slide in well under your budget and produce well in 4x8...

My list so far for a price comparison-
Tent- 300-500
Light setup- 2 x 450 (each set up includes MagnumXXXL, Sun Harvest Pro Elite 1k, and Agrosun Red 1k)
Fan- 2 x $175
Phresh filter- $160
timers, fans, etc- $150

Total around $1600-$1800 and running solid. Something like this would leave you some room to modify as necessary, stay under budget and allow purchase of good gear, nutes, etc....

My plan is to eventually go up to 4 lights hence the reasoning for the large tent. Not being a dick but two 1k's on a 4x8 table equal out to 62.5w/sq ft. I appreciate at the input though brotha!

true grit

true grit

No doubt, I would suggest the 4 lights for sure....oh and my bad the math was done figuring it was a 4.5 x 9.5....i believe most are about that size now.

vonwolfen

vonwolfen

I was wondering why you prefer the 8" over the 6"? I have just purchased the 6" version. I have read, and been told that they stay equally cool under most conditions...also an 8" inline can be attached with a 6" reducer...Have you looked into the great white? it is the same basic model with a different reflective surface(about 50.00 cheaper at some places)...If I am mistaken about the difference in the 6" and 8" versions then I would like to know before I open the box...

Top Bottom