Rebuilt My Grow Room After The Last Grow. This Is Day 11 Flower!

• Thread starter Elevator
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Elevator

Elevator

Hey guys,

I parted ways with my grow partner about 6 months ago and had one really successful harvest in my new grow using a sealed room coco canna drain to waste setup with hps lights I borrowed from a friend. I had some heat, light and noise issues in my condo and decided to rebuild my room. Here's what I did:

- Added 3/4" foam board insulation with mylar on one side bought from home depot and nailed it all over every square inch of my room besides the floor and taped all the seams together. (I was leaking a bit of light, heat and noise into the hallway between the bedrooms in the condo and wifey was getting real sick of it and it was very obvious what was in the room when guests came over.

- Added a proper 12k btu mini split (replacing a 14k btu portable hydrofarm POS ac) which drastically helped my temps and reliability of the cooler, even though it is 2k less btu's. I'm convinced those hydrofarm portables are NOT 14k btu's.

- Hired a friend who works in a commercial grow to give me pointers on proper trellis layout and pruning techniques. I have a high plant count and have always just topped the clones and transplanted then threw into flower, but now I'm sticking to 12 plants due to local restrictions so I need to maximize my yield per plant. I'm also REALLY sick of 1/3 of my harvest being larf...

- Replaced four 1k watt air cooled hps with three 6/750 gavita flex lamps. Although I had a solid harvest with the 4 hps lamps, I was absolutely maxing my square footage out and I had no room to work and had trouble with air flow and some mold due to too many plants in a given space. I was stressed out trying to work in the room and damaging plants and having no where to place anything so I replaced the 4 1k hps with 3 gavita flex's and I'm confident I'll get a similar yield with half the electricity and MUCH more space to actually work and move around!

*** This is just before the pk 13/14 dose at day 14, and the plants are looking GREAT!

Grow room rebuild
Growroomrebuild2
Growroomrebuild3
Growroomrebuild4
Growroomrebuild5
Growroomrebuild6
Growroomrebuild7
DemonTrich

DemonTrich

I ran that same 1rk dual hose hydrofarm when I went to sealed room/co2 and it was utter GARBAGE!!!!! Couldn't get a 3x600hps under 77* In a f n basement. Lol

Elevator

Elevator

Ya I bought the 14k btu hydrofarm ac and it died within a month. I woke up one night to the loudest shreak I've ever heard and the compressor had shit the bed. I brought it back to WTG and they got me a refurbished unit within a few days which was clutch but one of the employees I trust told me it says 14k btu's but if you read the manual it say a max of 2 air cooled lights! I bought a mini split that day on amazon and just kept that hydrofarm as a backup and the mini split is the best $1k I've spent in a long time.

Latest posts

Top Bottom