Rec Vs Medical

• Thread starter Snafu
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

Snafu

I'm at a crossroads to either get my card again or stay on the DL and grow for myself (Which I will do either way).

My question is this is it worth getting your red card (more like an id now and not a red certificate) or just go without one?

When I had my card initially there was some major changes going on that caused me concern like if I were pulled over for something minor the cops would have assess to my name on the registry and other things that gave me a bit of a worry.

Has any of this changed (I am currently googling more on how the registry works and such) but it always nice to hear from people currently making the choice to get the Med card or not.

Thanks for any input!

Happy belated thanksgiving all!

altitudefarmer

altitudefarmer

I have mine as affirmative defense to my elevated plant count, and also when transporting anything. Sucks it cancelled my concealed carry permit, but I have enjoyed the peace of mind it gives me. I've been pulled over twice since I first got my card, and the cops have never even brought it up. If you don't drive stoned, your odds will always be better.

gravekat303

gravekat303

Premium Member
Supporter
I have my card for the same reason above and so does the wife I get pulled over all the time never even came up and once I told the cop I had my card because he could smell it and he simply said it's legal I don't care

xavier7995

xavier7995

Choosing not to at the moment. I don't like the idea of being in yet another database. Also, to be a butthole on a high horse sorta, I think there are lots of good medical uses for weed but the whole pretending to have some ailment to get a prescription is just not an idea I can get behind and it hurts the legitimate medical patients. That said, I think I might embrace the mindset of don't hate the player hate the game more than my weird weed medicine high horse. The other end of that is that I disagree with the medical side that hates people growing weed for people that just want to further enjoy their oreo and cartoon experience.

How are you guys getting pulled over so often? It has been a lot of years since I got ticket. Drive the speed limit dudes, there are drugs in your car. It really does make a lot of sense to get a script though just to further protect yourself.

gravekat303

gravekat303

Premium Member
Supporter
I live in a smaller town with a high volume of cops plus I find it very hard to not speed and stop at stop signs completely that being said only one ticket in 4 years got popped going 25 over and cop gave me a 5 over ticket my rule is treat cops like a friend's girlfriend be nice and real don't fuck with them and they don't usually fuck with you

xavier7995

xavier7995

lol, my wife got pulled over by a cop not even in a car once. She happened to be going 30 in a 25 when a guy just walked out into the road with a safety vest on and a stupid stop sign. Guess we know who ratted on the last time they beat up a black guy....

One thing I do love about living in cities is they usually have enough real crime that they ignore us minor law breakers. Small town cops are the worst; I had one call for backup when he pulled over my 16 year old self and his buddy held a gun on me while they searched the car, that was pretty awesome. Drove a spacepod toyota van so got pulled over regularly and learned to never ever carry drugs so the interactions took on an air of dickishness after getting pulled over weekly and them "smelling" cannabis and me knowing they were BS'ing. Dildos in all possible hiding compartments, how do you like them apples officer.

Top Bottom