Recently Transplanted...using Coco, Any Guidance Please

• Thread starter Werner
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
W

Werner

Hey everyone. This is my first attempt getting a plant to this stage. It’s been about 18 days from sprouting. Growth is slow but was looking healthier before the move. I transplanted about 24 hours ago from solo cup to 3 gallon smart pot. Seeds are from nirvana. Only issues I have had are high temps because I’m in the hottest state in the US and low humidity. I have got a humidifier I use occasionally and keep the ac running when I can with plenty of fans.

Using coco with perlite mix with original cup and new pot. I watered with some light nutes around the stem and edges of the pot but didn’t soak it. I use a mars “300 w” led. Is it just experiencing shock? Should I water again with or without nutes? I have kept the ph around 6.0. Any help is appreciated. Thank you.

Seedling2
crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Self-Proclaimed Don Quixote
Supporter
Again problems with coco :D dude, ph 5.8, never let it dry not even the top, feed everytime and get back to us. Wish you luck.

If you have high temps it is going to be hard times in flowering i have the same problem and never done a summer grow until now we will see.

crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Self-Proclaimed Don Quixote
Supporter
ok thanks Crimson, you read conflicting things....some say let it dry out a day or two to let the roots stretch out but i will feed it asap

There are some excellent growers here and they all say don’t let it dry out and they got good plants so i trust them ;)

Ignignokt

Ignignokt

In coco - the roots fill the medium all the way to the top - just below that very fucking dry layer. So ya. Too dry. And then that leads to the fungus gnat problem. You can use yellow sticky strips to detect the initial small flies, but come they will if the environment isn't sealed and filtered. I've seen some folks protect the coco by using panty-hose socks (covers the drain holes as well!) or a layer of sand over the coco to prevent egg laying.

Watch your ph levels. Never water without adding cal-mag to keep the coco balanced. Be careful with the nutrient levels if your strain reacts poorly - Some like it hot (indicas that I've seen) and others get freaked out. The good thing is coco flushes pretty well if that happens and you can fix it quickly and use a gentler approach.

I like coco as a medium - higher performance and less attractive than soil for insects. I live out in the country where - There will be bugs. Get over it. And plan accordingly. Soil works well outside here but inside it just encourages thrips.

W

Werner

In coco - the roots fill the medium all the way to the top - just below that very fucking dry layer. So ya. Too dry. And then that leads to the fungus gnat problem. You can use yellow sticky strips to detect the initial small flies, but come they will if the environment isn't sealed and filtered. I've seen some folks protect the coco by using panty-hose socks (covers the drain holes as well!) or a layer of sand over the coco to prevent egg laying.

Watch your ph levels. Never water without adding cal-mag to keep the coco balanced. Be careful with the nutrient levels if your strain reacts poorly - Some like it hot (indicas that I've seen) and others get freaked out. The good thing is coco flushes pretty well if that happens and you can fix it quickly and use a gentler approach.

I like coco as a medium - higher performance and less attractive than soil for insects. I live out in the country where - There will be bugs. Get over it. And plan accordingly. Soil works well outside here but inside it just encourages thrips.

Thank you for the tips. Much appreciated. Do I have bugs ? Lol if I did I didn’t know

justiceman

justiceman

It’s too dry. The top of the coco should never be that dry. It invites pH swings and EC spikes. Always feed never plain water until about the last 4-7 days. Always pH 5.8-6.0. Don’t be afraid to saturate coco. Calmag is only necessary if your hydroponic base nutrient isn’t complete.

Check out this link below. It should help with understanding how coco works when using it in a hydroponic setting.

Coco Root Health

W

Werner

It’s too dry. The top of the coco should never be that dry. It invites pH swings and EC spikes. Always feed never plain water until about the last 4-7 days. Always pH 5.8-6.0. Don’t be afraid to saturate coco. Calmag is only necessary if your hydroponic base nutrient isn’t complete.

Check out this link below. It should help with understanding how coco works when using it in a hydroponic setting.

Coco Root Health

Thank you!! I have been feeding it and it seems to have perked up. We will see how it goes, appreciate this forum and everyone’s knowledge

Latest posts

Top Bottom