Recognizing the end of flower stretch

• Thread starter phxazcraig
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
phxazcraig

phxazcraig

I'm somewhere near the end of flower stretch for 4 Sour Diesel plants growing in coco coir. I'm now trying to learn exactly when flower stretch is done, or winding down, so I know if I need to supercrop or scrog the tallest buds. I have run out of space between light and canopy. I flipped lights to 12/12 on Feb 15, and last week the plants grew about 15 inches in 8 days.

Beside noticing that my plants didn't grow another 2 inches overnight, the tops of the buds seem different now. Where before I had new growth coming up with a pair of fan leaves on each side, it seems now I have solid bud tops with sugar leaves instead of fan leaves. This is new in the past 4-5 days, and it leads me to think my vertical growth is finally at an end. I did have to supercrop 3-4 of the tallest shoots. (Bent them sideways.)

Pictures of transition and post-transition buds would be nice to see.

growsince79

growsince79

I'm somewhere near the end of flower stretch for 4 Sour Diesel plants growing in coco coir. I'm now trying to learn exactly when flower stretch is done, or winding down, so I know if I need to supercrop or scrog the tallest buds. I have run out of space between light and canopy. I flipped lights to 12/12 on Feb 15, and last week the plants grew about 15 inches in 8 days.

Beside noticing that my plants didn't grow another 2 inches overnight, the tops of the buds seem different now. Where before I had new growth coming up with a pair of fan leaves on each side, it seems now I have solid bud tops with sugar leaves instead of fan leaves. This is new in the past 4-5 days, and it leads me to think my vertical growth is finally at an end. I did have to supercrop 3-4 of the tallest shoots. (Bent them sideways.)

Depends on the plant. Pics?

sportyridr

sportyridr

how do you run out of space with an 80" high tent...seems like training is the issue not the stretching...maybe start there

Top Bottom