Recommend 10 Seeds Where You Can't Go Wrong?

• Thread starter juggernaut
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
juggernaut

juggernaut

For everyone looking for that next strain to buy. From newbies to vets everyone will benefit.
Only 1 condition. Strains must be available to all so seeds only and strains must be available at least 3/4 of the year.
chem cookies
Amnesia haze soma
blue dream hso
Ewe hso
Scotts og
NL#5 x haze
Holy Grail Kush
Sensi star
kali mist
Jack Herer

Thejoeybrown

Thejoeybrown

There is no such a seed. There will always be oddballs and duds. Just not how nature works. Good genetics and proper breeding will give you way more winners but still need to hunt. Not finding a keeper in a 10 pack is very common. That’s how it works

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
I'd say AK-47 and Sensi Star are both very consistent strains. Shouldn't have a problem with uniformity in either of those. I've popped quite a few of each strain and from F1's could barely tell the difference.

F2's is another matter. I've seen quite a variance in AK-47 F2's. Never grew Sensi Star F2's, I did make some though, just never got around to growing them out. Passed them on to a buddy and he loved it.

C

costa

Green Poison from Sweet Seeds . Had five rounds with them with great results . Normally I get ' immune ' to a strain after a while , but not so with this one . Works every time .

Mainemedz5

Mainemedz5

Purpwreckr (NLG strain)
I Second Holy Grail Kush
Kosher Kush
OG#18
HSO Black DOG
Blue Magoo Bx2 or Bx3 from Dynasty
UDGs Merlot n Glue (soooo terpy)
UDGs Chem491
MCCs 88 G13 HP x NL Widow #1
And For The Huge Yielder I'd have to say Critical+ as Ours went Booku outside and indoor

And Blue Dream for an Honorable Mention as well as this blackberry kush we used to run that came in from Cali that s*** was amazing

Mainemedz5

Mainemedz5

Green Poison from Sweet Seeds . Had five rounds with them with great results . Normally I get ' immune ' to a strain after a while , but not so with this one . Works every time .
Lineage ?

MissBotany

MissBotany

Lineage ?

This strain piqued my interest too. I might add this to my next round of seeds. I cross checked a couple sources and checked out the sweets seeds website but they don’t list green poison genetics. Just that green poison is trademarked, it bugs me when breeders aren’t transparent.

Mainemedz5

Mainemedz5

This strain piqued my interest too. I might add this to my next round of seeds. I cross checked a couple sources and checked out the sweets seeds website but they don’t list green poison genetics. Just that green poison is trademarked, it bugs me when breeders aren’t transparent.

yeah just the fact that they didn't list the genetic makeup completely steers me away from that one
Chances are its not stable

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
There is no such a seed. There will always be oddballs and duds. Just not how nature works. Good genetics and proper breeding will give you way more winners but still need to hunt. Not finding a keeper in a 10 pack is very common. That’s how it works
Joey hit it right on actually. That is why true breeders run massive numbers to breed a line, lock out undesirable traits and work to lock down the good ones. I always chuckle when peeps expect that every 10 pack is supposed to have that one gem. Not gonna happen 99 % of the time. And if it does it is pure luck.:D

Rootbound

Rootbound

Supporter
Joey hit it right on actually. That is why true breeders run massive numbers to breed a line, lock out undesirable traits and work to lock down the good ones. I always chuckle when peeps expect that every 10 pack is supposed to have that one gem. Not gonna happen 99 % of the time. And if it does it is pure luck.:D
I fully agree, and I would also have to include so called breeders (chuckers like me) that pop 10 to 20 seeds looking for parental plants of one strain, where real breeders are popping 100+ seeds like you said.

Thejoeybrown

Thejoeybrown

And on that note if you buy a pack of some well known genetics supposed to be top notch and don’t find a keeper, it’s not that they aren’t the top quality genetics you seek, there is just no way on earth to gaurantee anything with 10 seeds.

It’s like Pokémon cards. Not gonna find a charzard in every pack.

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
And on that note if you buy a pack of some well known genetics supposed to be top notch and don’t find a keeper, it’s not that they aren’t the top quality genetics you seek, there is just no way on earth to gaurantee anything with 10 seeds.

It’s like Pokémon cards. Not gonna find a charzard in every pack.
kool analogy :smoking:CannaPoke

Mainemedz5

Mainemedz5

I Run 20-30 seeds from any new strain i run to find keepers sometimes more

And I agree with use of larger populations to find gems but Some people do great running lower numbers (50-250) The Blue Magoo I run was bx2 population I bxd one more time & her Blue Heron mom was #111 in the selection before being brought to bx2 & I heard the boys only ran 135 of the Blue Herons to find the one (#111)
When I Bxd her I Ran 37 total & found her then Brought her to Bx3 myself cause their bx3s weren't as good

A lot of it Has to do with Breeder Skill As Well & knowing what one is breeding & selecting for
They selected for terps I selected for yield , vigor , terps and higher potency

Thejoeybrown

Thejoeybrown

I Run 20-30 seeds from any new strain i run to find keepers sometimes more

And I agree with use of larger populations to find gems but Some people do great running lower numbers (50-250) The Blue Magoo I run was bx2 population I bxd one more time & her Blue Heron mom was #111 in the selection before being brought to bx2 & I heard the boys only ran 135 of the Blue Herons to find the one (#111)
When I Bxd her I Ran 37 total & found her then Brought her to Bx3 myself cause their bx3s weren't as good

A lot of it Has to do with Breeder Skill As Well & knowing what one is breeding & selecting for
They selected for terps I selected for yield , vigor , terps and higher potency
Agreed but you’re making my point. 100-200 seeds is a small amount when talking about finding a keeper. You said it yourself. To the hobby tent grow most the people on this site, those numbers sound outrageous.

Mainemedz5

Mainemedz5

Agreed but you’re making my point. 100-200 seeds is a small amount when talking about finding a keeper. You said it yourself. To the hobby tent grow most the people on this site, those numbers sound outrageous.
Yeah 100-200 ain't shit , I'll be doing numbers like that in the near future , Guys like Kevin Jodrey do populations of 5000-10000+
Wish I had that kinda space

Mr Bee

Mr Bee

I'd say AK-47 and Sensi Star are both very consistent strains. Shouldn't have a problem with uniformity in either of those. I've popped quite a few of each strain and from F1's could barely tell the difference.

F2's is another matter. I've seen quite a variance in AK-47 F2's. Never grew Sensi Star F2's, I did make some though, just never got around to growing them out. Passed them on to a buddy and he loved it.
i totally agree with this 100%.two strains that are mega mega dank.

Latest posts

Top Bottom